On RT1060 platform, how to implement OTA in freeRTOS system?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On RT1060 platform, how to implement OTA in freeRTOS system?

Contributor I

I have the following questions to consult:

• I want to develop an OTA function based on freeRTOS. Is there a ready example to refer to?
  • Can you provide this routine ?  

SW\src\boards\evkmimxrt1060\use_case\firmware_swap\.
  • 17AD989D-1424-4f08-8233-6E483A065022.png

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi zhao yang ,

1. I want to develop an OTA function based on freeRTOS. Is there a ready example to refer to?

Answer :  As I know, we have the RT1050/1020 secure OTA ppt, but it is the confidential material. So, I am still checking with our related department, how the normally customer to apply it.

If you don't need to use the Secure, just want to download it.

I think, maybe you can also consider the AWS, and establish your own bootloader code.

AWS code, you can find it in the RT1060 SDK, it is based on the freertos.

the bootloader you can refer to the flashloader, which you also can find it from the SDK.

2.Can you provide this routine ?  

SW\src\boards\evkmimxrt1060\use_case\firmware_swap\.

Answer: Could you tell me where you get this path and the picture information? From the NXP website? Any link about it? Please give me more details, then I can help you to check it.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hi kerry zhou,

1.if you provide the ppt about OTA,that's great for me.if can't ,it 's no matter.i will refer to AWS  information , but i don't understand the flashloader in rt1060 sdk . For this flashloader,i burn it to evk_rt1060_board , then it's no action. i connect it with usb to the pc , my pc can't find usb driver. i can't understand the flashloader in SDK work.I hope you can send me the ppt.

2. you can find it in this document. I hope you find this example, I need it.

AN12255.pdf  How to Use Flash Remapping Function.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi zhao yang,

1.     I can't send  the ppt to you directly now.

About the flashloader, you need to enter the serial download mode at first, if you are using the MIMXRT1060-EVK board, please config: SW7: 1-OFF, 2-OFF, 3-OFF, 4-ON.

You also need to connect two USB cable, one to J41, another to J9.

2. About the AN12255, it has the related software package:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=AN12245SW 

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Contributor I

HI kerry zhou ,

Thank you ,i get the software package.

How to implement dfu? I referred to the routine of dfu and found that after upgrading via usb, the application was executed immediately.Then reset the  development board and go back to upgrade mode without entering the application.This upgrade does not work.can you give some advice?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi zhao yang,

About the DFU, do you mean you download the app directly to the MIMXRT1060-EVK?

pastedImage_1.png

If yes, I don't recommend you do it like that, I still recommend you to download the app with MCUBootUtility from the flashloader mode.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos