cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to debug MIMXRT1020-EVK board with P&E Multilink Universal FX

jtro
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm not able to debug MIMXRT1020-EVK board with P&E Multilink Universal FX. Tried with lowest debug frequency but result is same.

In same board Segger J-link works.

J25,J26,J27,J28 - All jumper is Open.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

jtro
Contributor III

I'm working with EVK board since 1 month and I observed that if application is corrupt or some hard fault occur during debugging, thereafter I can not able to connect with any debugger. it gives connection error. I had tried with all the debugger On board DAP, Segger J-Link and PE Micro Universal FX also Delete the existing configuration of all compiler but not worked.

What I do in such condition I use segger debugger and J-Flash utility. Even in J-Flash it won't connect unless you manually hold RESET button for 1-2 seconds and simultaneously execute the connect command. Once it is connected successfully then erase the flash. After erasing the flash I can able to download the new application.

(Note: I have also added 2000 ms delay in Init steps but it won't work

This is very weird and time consuming process to run it again. I also face same problem in my custom board and it takes much time to develop my application.

Could you please help me to figure out the issue.

0 Kudos

steven_mcgrath
Contributor II

Hello,

What version of MCUXpresso are you currently working with? Do you have the latest plugin from PEmicro? Try installing the latest plugin and see if you receive the same results.

GDB Server Plugin

Steve

0 Kudos

jtro
Contributor III

I have installed all available updates in MCUXpresso.

P&E Micro has latest update

MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0 [Build 3209] [2019-12-12]

My USB Multilink FX is new I have just open the debugger and trying with my first board and getting error..

Workspace is attached.

0 Kudos

steven_mcgrath
Contributor II

Hello,

How are you powering your board? I would suggest connecting via USB to J9 (USB OTG) and have Jumper J1 setting 3-4 as indicated in the user manual. Connecting through the Debug USB might interfere with P&E debugging products. 

Steve

0 Kudos

jtro
Contributor III

I checked Blue and Yellow led are ON.

It seems some reliability issue from PE Micro debugger, after many tries it start work when i power off the board and again power on then it again stop working but after USB cable reconnect and retried for few times it start work.

Is it generally happen with PE Micro? I'm new user of PE Micro.

I have not observed such problem with segger J-Link.

0 Kudos

steven_mcgrath
Contributor II

Hello,

I have tried replicating this issue on my end with your project and a Multilink Universal FX but received no errors and was able to connect every time. I am using MCUXpresso 11.1.0 build 3150 with PEmicro plugin version 4.4.9.

I have attached a screenshot of my board to show jumper settings/power connections that I am using (also connecting to the 20-pin debug header).

If the set ups are the same and you are still having trouble, it may be the Multilink FX itself and I would suggest sending your unit in to PEmicro to see if that is the issue.

SteveIMXRT-1020.jpg

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Please ensure these resistors be soldered on the MIMXRT1020 board.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,

TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jtro
Contributor III

Do you say pull up resistor required for PE Micro debugger and not for others?

because Segger J-Link works without resistor?

If pull up resistor work for all debugger then why resistors are not placed on board?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.
I'd like to eliminate the causes that are related to the board, in addition, I'd like to suggest you debug the MIMXRT1020 with the P&E Multilink Universal FX in other IDEs likes IAR, MDK, etc.

Have a great day,

TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for your reply.
It seems a bit weird, however, I consider the issue is related to the P&E Multilink Universal FX, however, I don't have the P&E Multilink Universal FX on hand, so I'd like to suggest you ask for the support from the PEmicro's expert, they may have a new insight into the issue.

Have a great day,

TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

jtro
Contributor III

Not working with IAR V8.22.2.15996.

stuck at connection manager

0 Kudos