Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-xip for hyperFlash boot

Jump to solution
rans
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to understand what makes the bootable image to be detected as non-xip but the bootrom.

We actually need to make modification in helloworld_xip example, so that it will be non-xip bootable image (running from RAM). 

Does anyone knows what are the required steps to modify the example from xip to non-xip with MCUXpresso IDE (yet, still a bootable image from hyperFlash) ?

Thank you,

Ranran

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ranran

one can look at

RT1050 - Booting from serial NOR flash to SDRAM 
or reuse non-xip example from SD described in AN1207 How to Enable Boot from Octal
SPI Flash and SD Card
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12107.pdf 
Also SDK contains a led blinky example gpio_led_output which by
default runs from a RAM region.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can also try this tool, with this tool, You can flash bare image into various boot devices easily and don't need to care about headers (ivt, boot data...)

GitHub - JayHeng/nxp-sec-boot-ui: A one-stop GUI tool to work with NXP MCU (Kinetis, i.MXRT, LPC) RO... 

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ranran

one can look at

RT1050 - Booting from serial NOR flash to SDRAM 
or reuse non-xip example from SD described in AN1207 How to Enable Boot from Octal
SPI Flash and SD Card
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12107.pdf 
Also SDK contains a led blinky example gpio_led_output which by
default runs from a RAM region.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
rans
Senior Contributor I

I also don't understand where is the flexSPI configuration parameter added with elftosb,

and how it can boot if it is not added....

I asked it in another question, I hope someone can take a look at it

https://community.nxp.com/thread/484576 

ranran

0 Kudos
rans
Senior Contributor I

Thank you igor.

I am already familiar with these documents.

I work with MCUXpresso, not IAR.

I tried in my question to understand the required steps for building non-xip in MCUXpresso, and what makes a project non-xip.

Thank you,

ranran

0 Kudos