cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Volatile RAM on i.MXRT1020

Jump to solution
jon1
Contributor III

I am currently using the RT1020 EVK as the basis of a design for a data logger for a client and I have now been asked to buffer 1ms event data to NVRAM as part of the design in case of power loss (so no events get lost).

As far as I can tell, the EVK has no facility for battery backed data storage (other than store data on an SD card, or flash memory which would be too slow). So the question is, what is the best solution to implement NVRAM into a design based on the i.MXRT1020 EVK ? 

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jon

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jon1,

The RT1020 has an external memory interface that supports SDRAM, NOR Flash, SRAM, NAND Flash, and 8080 display interface. Unfortunately, the NVRAM is not listed as a supported device.

One alternative of this, if your buffer is not too big, you could try using the brown-out detection (more information in the chapter 16 in the RM) to trigger an interruption and save some information before the power is lost.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jon1,

The RT1020 has an external memory interface that supports SDRAM, NOR Flash, SRAM, NAND Flash, and 8080 display interface. Unfortunately, the NVRAM is not listed as a supported device.

One alternative of this, if your buffer is not too big, you could try using the brown-out detection (more information in the chapter 16 in the RM) to trigger an interruption and save some information before the power is lost.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos
jon1
Contributor III

Thank you for this suggestion. I will investigate the brown out option and hopefully, this will provide me with a solution.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jon1
Contributor III

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate that the EVK has no onboard NVRAM solution. What I was looking for is suggestions for adding NVRAM to a new board design based on the EVK schematic. What is the best solution for doing this ?

0 Kudos
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jon1.,

Unfortunately we don't have a solution to implement NVRAM storage in the RT1020 EVK.

Sorry for the inconveniences this may cause you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos