cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP-MCUBootUtility: Two ways to flash application - #1 doesn't work

BrarP
Contributor I

Hi jayheng‌,

You  have mentioned in the "NXP-MCUBootUtility 2.0.0 - Target non-functional, differences in header data" post that there are two ways to flash application image by MCUBootUtility: #1 Set image file (srec/hex/bin/axf/elf) path in "Application Image File" input box and click "All-In-One Action" button. #2 Set image file (only bin file) path in "Bin File" input box and click "Write (Auto Erase)" button.

After flashing application using #2 method, my board boots up properly when in internal boot mode. But when I flash application using #1 method, my board doesn't boot up. Please note, prior to flashing application using #1 method, I removed the header information from my application and let MCUBootUtility add it.

I read the first 0x3000 bytes of data from memory using both methods. The header information is different. Please find attached two .hex files for your reference. Why is it happening? Is there a way to fix this issue so that I can flash application using #1 method?

If you need additional information, please let me know. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time.

Regards,

Paul Brar

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi BrarP:

Just in information that the latest MCUBootUtility version is v2.4.0.  I would suggest you try this version.

https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility/

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos