cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NMI interrupt on i.MXRT

antoinezen
Contributor III

Hi,

We are using ZephrOS V2.1 on IMXRT1062. In some condition (uncertain which for now), the MCU end-up in the NMI handler that is just a infinite loop in ZephyrOS, freezing our application.

I've understand that on ARM Cortex-M, use of the NMI interrupt is SoC/MCU dependent. Reading all possible NXP documentation, I understand that the NMI input can be routed to the WAKEUP pin. Are they other use of the NMI in the SoC IP ? Any future documentation ? What else could trigger the NMI interrupt ?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Antoine Zen-Ruffinen,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
According to the RM, the ETB counter control can cause an NMI to interrupt, besides the Wakeup pin.

pastedImage_2.png
And please learn the information about the ETB via the below link.

https://static.docs.arm.com/ihi0029/e/coresight_v3_0_architecture_specification_IHI0029E.pdf 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

antoinezen
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the answer. That's what I read too. As I'm not using the coresight module neigter the WAKEUP pin, what could cause the NMI interrupt to trigger ?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Antoine Zen-Ruffinen,

Thanks for your reply.
As I know, there's no other trigger source yet except for the above two trigger source.
And from my experience, finding out how to replicate the phenomenon is essential, as it would provide some clues on this issue.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

armandc_
Contributor III

I searched if the NMI source is available in a register, but found nothing. That would help debugging the issue if we would be able to identify the NMI source.

Armand

antoinezen
Contributor III

According "ARM v7-M Architecture Reference Manual", setting bit 31 "NMIPENDSET" of ICSR register of the SCS block would trigger a NMI interrupt:

NMIPENDSET, bit[31]
 On writes, makes the NMI exception active. On reads, indicates the state of the exception:
 0 On writes, has no effect. On reads, NMI is inactive

1 On writes, make the NMI exception active. On reads, NMI is active.

I don't see what set this bit in my code or in ZephyrOS. Never the less, I will look on that side if I have no other suspect. 

Hope this partial answer can be useful to others.

0 Kudos