cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple ADC inputs allocated to the same PAD in I.MX RT 1020

narenchandra401
Contributor III

Hello community , 

I am Naren , I recently was searching for a MCU that suits our application and came across this crossover processor , MCU . I.MX RT 1020 

As per the data sheet it says there are two ADC channels with 16 inputs (2 * 16 = 32 inputs ) , but when i go through the reference manual and pinout  , i observed that there are multiple ADC inputs assigned to the same MCU pad , because of which it makes only 19 inputs available at a time for use , check the excel of pinmux comment if i am wrong and suggest me a solution , since i need at least 30 ADC inputs but only 19 inputs i can use .

Screenshot (13)_LI.jpg

If you look at the image here , for example PAD GPIO_AD_B1_15 has  ADC1_IN15 and ADC2_IN15  to select from and here i am losing one ADC channel . 

Please share a thought on this .

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please find the pin mux of the ADC as the below:

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards

0 Kudos

narenchandra401
Contributor III

Hi , Thanks for the response , 

I have made the excel sheet from the same table you have sent found in the reference manual .

Check the same , there are multiple ADCs allocated to the same pad and so do we are losing the ADC channels 

GPIO_AD_B0_15 has both ADC1_IN2 and ADC2_IN2 allocated and we can use only one which is losing one channel from describing of 32 channels in the data sheet to 19 channels in reality 

check this below image 

Screenshot (15)_LI.jpg

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, You are right. Thanks for your information. I will forward to the related team.

0 Kudos