cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-channel audio over USB with iMXRT1062

Jump to solution
EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

I've been working on a lot of different topics regarding the '1062; but now I'm finally starting to work on the application-specific portion... audio over USB.  I have a couple of end goals, but for now I'd just like to get my Codec (PCM3168a) properly hooked up to SAI1.  I have the control portion (SPI) working just fine, but the actual audio stream (mic-array connected to codec) is still not working.  I've found a few documents on SAI:

• AN12202: Using Synchronous Audio Interface (SAI) on S32K148
  • AN12090: Using Multi-Channel Feature of SAI

but neither of these are specific to the '1062.  So, I start with a couple questions...

1. Are these documents applicable to the '1062?
  2. Any other SAI documentation/tutorials (aside from ref manual) out there?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ed, 

Are these documents applicable to the '1062?

AN12090 does apply for the RT1062. Regarding AN12202, you can take the general concepts from this application note, but the IP of the SAI module that comes with the S32K14x it's not the same in the RT1062. 

Any other SAI documentation/tutorials (aside from ref manual) out there?

Based on your information you probably find interesting the following application note: 

Also, the following training material for Kinetis might be useful to clarify the general concepts around the SAI. 

Besides these documents and the examples from the SDK, we don't have any other support material. 

Regards, 

Victor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ed, 

Are these documents applicable to the '1062?

AN12090 does apply for the RT1062. Regarding AN12202, you can take the general concepts from this application note, but the IP of the SAI module that comes with the S32K14x it's not the same in the RT1062. 

Any other SAI documentation/tutorials (aside from ref manual) out there?

Based on your information you probably find interesting the following application note: 

Also, the following training material for Kinetis might be useful to clarify the general concepts around the SAI. 

Besides these documents and the examples from the SDK, we don't have any other support material. 

Regards, 

Victor

0 Kudos