cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Configurations Based on Target?

Jump to solution
estacey
Contributor III

Is there a way to specify a different memory configuration based on the target being built?  For instance, we would like to have one configuration for when we're debugging and another for when it is being compiled for release.  This is because we'll have our release built to load at a higher address, but the debugger won't work at that address.  I guess it would be a linker specification based on target since the defined memory segments don't really have to change since the flash is so large.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
estacey
Contributor III

Yes, I spoke to a more experienced engineer here and he told me how to do it.  Under project properties, MCU Linker, Managed Linker Script - uncheck "Manage Linker Script" for the target you want to change.  Then modify the linker script that was previously auto generated and change the memory areas designated for each section to the memory area you want to be different.  There you have it.  I have MCUXpresso manage the linker script for debug and I manage it for release.  Works nicely.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ellen,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please confirm if this question is answered in your other thread? I believe it is the answer you posted.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/525952 

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos
estacey
Contributor III

Yes, I spoke to a more experienced engineer here and he told me how to do it.  Under project properties, MCU Linker, Managed Linker Script - uncheck "Manage Linker Script" for the target you want to change.  Then modify the linker script that was previously auto generated and change the memory areas designated for each section to the memory area you want to be different.  There you have it.  I have MCUXpresso manage the linker script for debug and I manage it for release.  Works nicely.