cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum output current io pin

robojan
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a question about the i.mx rt 1060. I cannot find the maximum current that an io pin can supply or sink. Also I cannot find the total maximum current. In which document can I find this.

Kind regards,

Robbert-Jan

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

robojan
Contributor I

Thank you for your response. 

I already found those tables. 

I would like to know if it is possible to connect an 20mA LED to one gpio pin without damaging it or if I will need an external transistor for this.

Same for the I2C bus what the minimum pullup resistance would be without damaging the MCU output. 

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Robbert-Jan,

I don't recommend to use the connection that you mentioned, you could damage the RT. The best option here is to use negative logic. This is how the RT1060-EVK is connected, I encourage you to check the schematics of this board to use it as a reference for your design.

Regarding your second question, this is a specification of the I2C bus, please refer the following document: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM10204.pdf 

Best regards,

Victor.

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Robbert-Jan,

Please check Table 22 of the datasheet to see the Input current and Table 12 to see the formula to calculate the maximum supply current to the GPIOs.
It's important to remember that is not recommended to use the GPIO as a current supplier to avoid over-current.

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos