Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max current sink on iMXRT1021 GPIO pins

Jump to solution
chriscowdery
Contributor V

Hi All,

I need to know the maximum current you can 'sink' through the GPIO pins on the iMXRT1021.

It is not in any of the datasheets.

I need to know per-pin and total currents.

(We have a group of LED's which are powered directly from an LDO, and grounded via the Processor. We need to check that the LED current does not exceed the pin rating, and that if we have all four LED's on, we don't exceed the part rating).

Thanks,

Chris.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Chris, 

If I understood correctly, you are using negative logic. The LED's are grounded via the i.MXRT, this means that the current is being supplied by your source power. This type of connection is the same we use on the i.MXRT1020-EVK, since is the best option because you are not demanding any current to the i.MXRT. So, you don't have anything to worry about in your design.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chriscowdery
Contributor V

Thankyou victorjimenez‌. Perfect answer.

Chris.

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Chris, 

If I understood correctly, you are using negative logic. The LED's are grounded via the i.MXRT, this means that the current is being supplied by your source power. This type of connection is the same we use on the i.MXRT1020-EVK, since is the best option because you are not demanding any current to the i.MXRT. So, you don't have anything to worry about in your design.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos