cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1964 External flash

Jump to solution
danieldc
Contributor I

Hi, I'm Daniel. I am developing an application for RT1064 and I want to use Hyper flash to store the program because the internal flash is not enough for the program.
I can do that? and also can I use the dabugger as if it were the internal flash?

Greetings Daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @danieldc ,

You are right, as the chip will boot from internal flash directly, that's why you can't debug the other flexSPI flash directly. But you can boot from the internal flash, then jump to the code in the other flash after you configure the related interface.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @danieldc ,

As you know, the NXP MIMXRT1064-EVK already contains the hyperflash, and the SDK also provide the related code.

Please download the SDK code from this link:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/

Select the RT1064 SDK and download it, then you can find the hyperflash code in this folder:

SDK_2_10_0_EVK-MIMXRT1064\boards\evkmimxrt1064\driver_examples\flexspi\hyper_flash

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
danieldc
Contributor I

Thank you very much for help Kerryzhou.
In flexspi_hyper_flash_polling_transfer it is to read / write data.
What I need is to do XIP from hyperflash, that all the code of the program is in that memory and also it can be debugged as if it were the internal flash.
Is it possible to do that?

Thanks a lot...

Daniel

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @danieldc 

To RT1064, boot must be from the internal QSPI.

Please check the RT1064RM, Table 9-1. ROM Bootloader Peripheral PinMux (continued), you can find the flexspi boot is just from FLEXSPI2 which is connected to the internal QSPI flash, thanks.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
danieldc
Contributor I

Thanks for your help Kerryzhou. I know that the rt1064 boots from internal flash. The question is how to make a jump to hyperflash and that mcuxpresso see it as internal flash? Is there a way to do that or do I need to change the processor?

Thanks Daniel...

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @danieldc 

As you know, the hyperflash address is from 0x60000000, it is not the same as the internal flash from 0x70000000, so you can use the related address to jump.

About the code jump, you can refer to the SDK bootloader, it has the jump function.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos
danieldc
Contributor I

Gracias por su ayuda kerry, esta claro que se puede usar flash externa para el programa cuando este terminado, pero creo que no se puede hacer debugging con mcuxpresso durante el desarrollo en la flash externa, esto es asi?

Saludos..
Daniel

0 Kudos
danieldc
Contributor I

Thanks for your help kerry, it is clear that you can use external flash for the program when it is finished, but I think you can not debug with mcuxpresso during development in external flash, is this so?

Greetings..
Daniel

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @danieldc ,

You are right, as the chip will boot from internal flash directly, that's why you can't debug the other flexSPI flash directly. But you can boot from the internal flash, then jump to the code in the other flash after you configure the related interface.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos