cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1064-EVK "Could not connect to core"

Jump to solution
thomasm
Contributor III

I'm trying to revive a 'bricked' 1064 EVK board. Is there a procedure that will allow me to gain control of the 1064? It seems like the main processor is going into the weeds before the debugger can gain control. I've tried the mass erase feature of the GUI flash tool without success.  I've seen various solutions on the forums for other platforms but haven't found one that works on this particular  board. 

pastedImage_1.png

1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas Monthei

Thanks for your reply.
Let me clarify it.
1) it appears to be the QSPI flash (external)?? I would like to target the internal (4M) flash but the reference manual doesn't seem to mention how to enable it.
-- The i.MX RT 1064 contains the internal flash whose type is QSPI flash, NXP has integrated the external QSPI flash as the internal flash,
in other words, the external QSPI flash is the internal flash of the processor.
So  i.MX RT 1064 boot from the QSPI flash when booting mode is selected to internal flash.

Hope this is clear.

TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas Monthei,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
I was wondering if you can answer the following inquiries to help me to locate the cause of this issue.
1. Can the board run the demo which is programmed before?
2. If yes, can you tell me which demo be programmed before?

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
thomasm
Contributor III

Hello, 

Thank you for your response! 

No the board is not able to be programmed at all. I can not attach via LinkServer (CMSIS-DAP) or P&E Micro JTAG, neither method will work. I've deleted the demo projects and imported fresh copies and am not able to revive the board. 

The board initially worked, running the "led_blinky" demo but it will no longer load; The P&Micro will not connect (in JTAG configuration (J47, J48 removed), and the LinkServer method fails with "Could not connect to core" (with J47, J48 installed). 

Best regards, 

Tom

UPDATE:   I now have my boards working. An update came through from P&E Micro for my JTAG Multilink Universal FX and I was able to connect to the processor and clear the flash. Oddly I wasn't able to do that with the  Link Server (CMSIS-DAP) probe at all and only with the Multilink after the update but all boards are working now. 

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas Monthei,

Thanks for your reply and I'm glad to hear that you can recover the 'bricked' board.
According to your description, the i.MX RT1064 will become 'brick' after running a demo code which is stored in the external flash, is it right?
As I don't encounter this issue on my board.
Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos
thomasm
Contributor III

Hi TIC, 

All is working well. I'm using the demo "evkmimxrt1064_lwip_tcpecho_freertos" and it seems to work, so no further problems at this time. Can you tell me which flash device the demo is using, it appears to be the QSPI flash (external)?? I would like to target the internal (4M) flash but the reference manual doesn't seem to mention how to enable it. 

Thank you very much for your help! 

Tom

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas Monthei

Thanks for your reply.
Let me clarify it.
1) it appears to be the QSPI flash (external)?? I would like to target the internal (4M) flash but the reference manual doesn't seem to mention how to enable it.
-- The i.MX RT 1064 contains the internal flash whose type is QSPI flash, NXP has integrated the external QSPI flash as the internal flash,
in other words, the external QSPI flash is the internal flash of the processor.
So  i.MX RT 1064 boot from the QSPI flash when booting mode is selected to internal flash.

Hope this is clear.

TIC