cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1060-EVK Freelink serial port high baud rates bug

mateuszklatecki
Contributor I

Hi,

I noticed that for serial port configuration for high baud rates is do incorrect. For baud rates above 760000 baud error increases significantly and for example for 921600 real baudrate is 490384 (error almost 50%)

I found that Freelink is based on DAPLink source code but it isn't public (freelink source).

In DAPLink serial port configuration https://github.com/ARMmbed/DAPLink/blob/1ae201863d2070d10c241ff16bd1f7d66d7accae/source/hic_hal/nxp/...  calculations is using with MulVal  (varialble mv)  value 15 but to FDR register is write value 1 so this is main problem but in fact configuration should be more complicated as described in user manual (UM10503) on page 1146

Should I report issue to DAPLink or NXP will fix this in own fork and release new Freelink firmware?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mateusz Klatecki,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
As I know, ARM Mbed is responsible to update, fix and release the DAPlink, so please contact them about this issue.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos