MIMXRT106 chip variant drop in replacement?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT106 chip variant drop in replacement?

Jump to solution
biomurph
Contributor I

Please don't mark this post as spam!

I'm working on a project that originally calls for the MIMXRT1062DVL6B and this particular variant in the 106x family is not in stock any time soon.

I do see some parts in this 106x family that are in stock. In looking at the data sheet I see many variant part numbers of this chip. One has voice control capability and another has face recognition capability. 

The one that I mention above is the 1062, which is "Full Feature", and there is also a 1061, which is "Standard Feature".

My question is, what is the actual difference in these variants? Would I be able to use the 106L, 106F, or 1061 as a drop in replacement for the 1062? I am having a hard time telling the difference between the Full Feature and Standard Feature variants. 

It seems like the "L" and "F" variants are the same, just with firmware flashed by the manufacturer. Can I use it and overwrite the RTOS and other stuff with my own?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) What is the actual difference in these variants?
-- In the datasheet, Table 1. Ordering information illustrates a variety of features in the different part numbers, so please refer to it.
2) Would I be able to use the 106L, 106F, or 1061 as a drop-in replacement for 1062? I am having a hard time telling the difference between the Full Feature and Standard Feature variants.
-- Actually, it needs to evaluate the peripherals of the RT1062 you used in your project prior to answering above question, if 106L, 106F or 1061 contains these peripherals too, you can use them to replace the RT1062, and vice versa.
3) Can I use it and overwrite the RTOS and other stuff with my own?
-- No, I'm afraid not.
Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) What is the actual difference in these variants?
-- In the datasheet, Table 1. Ordering information illustrates a variety of features in the different part numbers, so please refer to it.
2) Would I be able to use the 106L, 106F, or 1061 as a drop-in replacement for 1062? I am having a hard time telling the difference between the Full Feature and Standard Feature variants.
-- Actually, it needs to evaluate the peripherals of the RT1062 you used in your project prior to answering above question, if 106L, 106F or 1061 contains these peripherals too, you can use them to replace the RT1062, and vice versa.
3) Can I use it and overwrite the RTOS and other stuff with my own?
-- No, I'm afraid not.
Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

0 Kudos