MIMXRT1050-EVK: High-speed, high-bandwidth USB Interrupt Endpoint?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1050-EVK: High-speed, high-bandwidth USB Interrupt Endpoint?

Jump to solution
eulersnumber
Contributor I

I'm trying to create a HID device using the MIMXRT1050, and would like to use an interrupt endpoint to send asynchronous data.  Does the i.MX RT 1050 support a USB interrupt endpoint that can send more than one transfer per microframe?

The USB 2.0 specification mentions "high-speed, high-bandwidth" interrupt endpoints in Sections 5.9 and 5.9.1.  However, the section on endpoint descriptors in the i.MX RT1050 Reference Manual, on page 3167, in Table 54-57, it says that "Non-ISO endpoints must set Mult='00'.", and as far as I understand, there is no field in the qTD used by the interrupt endpoints to allow for multiplier overrides.

If I wanted to get multiple transfers per microframe over the same endpoint, would I then have to use an isochronous endpoint and abandon HID?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Myles

yes this is correct understanding.

>If I wanted to get multiple transfers per microframe over the same endpoint,

>would I then have to use an isochronous endpoint and abandon HID?

right.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
nickcai
Contributor II

Hi Myles,

How to enable Mult  transactions per microframe?i had tried to set  bit 12...11 as 10 of wMaxPacketSize,but looks like it no work properly.Can you give me some advice?

Best regards

Nick.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Myles

yes this is correct understanding.

>If I wanted to get multiple transfers per microframe over the same endpoint,

>would I then have to use an isochronous endpoint and abandon HID?

right.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!