cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFG boot from HyperFlash with DCD for SDRAM

tsantzi
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to follow the instructions in AN12107.pdf section 3.6, in order to boot from Hyperflash (and eventually QSPI) with SDRAM support on a RT1050-EVK board. I have downloaded Flashloader tools version 1.1, and version 2.3.0 of the SDK, however I am unable to locate the DCD.bin file (googling for it also produced no results). Also, where can I find the source for this file, and how is it built? If we use an alternative SDRAM chip on our production board, will this DCD need to be adjusted, and if so, how?

Any suggestions on how to proceed are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Nikos

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

please create request / ticket to get more details about the issue.

("For the AN to integrate DCD part - it's in next step plan, but need some time."

Support|NXP 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tsantzi
Contributor III

Thanks Yuri, I'll do that.

Kind regards,

Nikos

0 Kudos

tsantzi
Contributor III

With the input of some very helpful people at NXP, I was able to extract dcd.bin from the fsl_flexspi_nor_boot.c file of the XIP driver. With it, I managed to boot with SDRAM support. With minor modifications to the linker and bd files, I could also use the same dcd.bin file to boot (non-XIP) with copy-down from Hyperflash/QSPI into SDRAM.

I am mentioning this here in the hope that it may help someone else.

Kind regards,

Nikos

0 Kudos

Contributor III

how to extract dcd.bin from the fsl_flexspi_nor_boot.c file? could you make a brief description?

thanks!

0 Kudos

tsantzi
Contributor III

Hi Zhihui,

Start a new MCUX project, add the XIP driver, and then have a look at the bottom of xip/fsl_flexspi_nor_boot.c, you'll see a bunch of hex in the dcd_sdram array.

What you need to do is create a binary file with these bytes in it (the hex values, not the ASCII representation of them).

There are many ways to do this (bash echo, hex editor etc). I opted to copy the comma-separated ascii into a separate file, and then ran a little python script that reads each byte's text, parses it (base-16) into a number, and then writes this as a byte into a binary file (dcd.bin).

0 Kudos