MCUXpresso won't show variable values

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso won't show variable values

jeffthompson
Contributor V

I'm using MCUXpresso 11.01 for the MIMXRT1062DVJ6A. The IDE will not show values for any variables in my project, local or global, using the respective view, nor will it show variable values when the code reaches a breakpoint and I hover the mouse over the variable name. In the last case, it does show the declaration, but not the current value.

I've attached the .cproject, .project, and debugger launcher files. Could this be related to my linker configuration?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

paulkamel
Contributor I

I'm experiencing similar issues with v11.0.0 however the behaviour is inconsistent, especially if I attempt to hover the cursor over a variable while at a breakpoint - sometimes it shows the value and sometimes not.

Any update on when a fix will be available?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeff Thompson,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
Yes, there's a bug in the MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0 and I also encountered it, as I know, the MCUXpresso IDE team is working on it now, I think this bug will be fixed soon.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeffthompson
Contributor V

Is there a fix for this yet, or an expected release when it will be fixed?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeffery Thompson,

Thanks for your reply and this issue has been fixed in the updated version of the MCUXpresso IDE.
Please go to download it.

MCUXpresso IDE|Eclipse-based Integrated Development Environment (IDE) | NXP 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeffthompson
Contributor V

This is the same version I’m running, and it’s not working for me. Not being able to easily read global oand local variables slows down debugging.

MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.1

Jeff Thompson | Senior Electrical Engineer-Firmware

+1 704 752 6513 x1394

www.invue.com

0 Kudos