cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso SDK to processor

rans
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

We started working with mimxrt1050 evk  , which in builder sdk when choosing the exact evk, gives sdk 2.3.0.

Yet, On choosing processor (starting with imxrt1050...) we find that there is sdk 2.4.2, which also seems to function without any issues on the same evaluation board.

Yet, we eventually decided to design our board for imxrt1060, so we also purchased imxrt1060 evk. Using MCUXpresso it suggest 2.4.0 SDK.

1. Can anyone say why we can't use the latest (sdk 2.4.2) on both imxrt1050 and imxrt1060 ?

2. If we already started design of application with 2.4.2 and want to test it on imxrt1060, does it require a change in application settings (which) or do we have to use the previous 2.4.0 SDK ? if yes - why ?

Thank you,

ranran

0 Kudos
7 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can use the SDK builder to generate the SDK for different board.

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/mcuxpresso-software-and-t...

0 Kudos

rans
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jimmy

Right. I know that.

But the question was different.

Is it possible in current sdk to switch boards ? How ?

Thank you

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can install the SDK in MCUXpresso.

sdk.png

0 Kudos

rans
Senior Contributor I

The question is how to change an imported project from an already installed sdk( which was build for one board/processor) so that it can be build and run in another board/processor.

BR,

ranran

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Open a new project of the new processor/board. Then copy your source code in a new SDK project.

0 Kudos

rans
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the suggestion.

That's understood, but I thought that there is a configuration in project which could have been much easier when porting from one processor to another. For example if we need to use both imxrt1050, and imxrt1060, than using this method is not so good. But I guess there is no other alternative.

BR,

Ran

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can have different SDK in the MCUXpresso.

You can create different project for different processor in same workspace.

20.png

0 Kudos