MCUXpresso SDK V2.5 for i.MX RT1064

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso SDK V2.5 for i.MX RT1064

nbgatgi
Contributor IV

I received an email referencing version 2.5 of the SDK for MCUXpresso.  It mentions support for the RT1060, but when I tried to build it for the RT1064 eval board MIMXRT1064-EVK, only version 2.4 was available.  Any idea why the RT1060 is supported but the RT1064 is not?

Other than on-chip flash, I don't think there is a difference between the RT1060 and the RT1064.  Can the SDK for the MIMXRT1060-EVK be used for the MIMXRT1064-EVK?

*UPDATE - As of June '19, SDK 2.6 is available for the RT1064.

Labels (1)
13 Replies

nbgatgi
Contributor IV

If you didn't catch the update in the original question, the SDK 2.6 is available now.

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, the SDK2.6.0 is launched now, customer can downloaded it.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nick,

Yes, the SDK version already up to 2.5, but really no RT1064, RT1064 latest SDK version still the 2.4, about the reason, I will help you to check it with our according department next Monday, please wait patiently.

In the meanwhile, I suggest you still use the 2.4 version for RT1064.

About the difference between RT1062 and RT1064, the main difference is the internal flash on RT1064. You can use the SDK for RT1062 on RT1064, but about the nor flash debug version, you need to change the address like rev2.4:

define symbol m_interrupts_start       = 0x70002000;
define symbol m_interrupts_end         = 0x700023FF;

define symbol m_text_start             = 0x70002400;
define symbol m_text_end               = 0x703FFFFF;

So, I still suggest you use the rev2.4 for RT1064 now.

Wish it helps you!
Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nbgatgi
Contributor IV

Thank you for looking into this for me.  As we are hoping to move forward with the RT1064 for some new projects, the delayed SDK support makes some of us nervous regarding long term support.  I'd hate to think that the RT1064 would always have delayed support!

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nick Guzzardo,

Thanks a lot for your patience.

I already get the response from our according department.

REL9 SDK2.5.0 won't update the RT1064, the new RT1064 REL10 SDK will updated in the end of May.

So, now, just as I have recommended you, please use the RT1064 SDK2.4.0 at first.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

nbgatgi
Contributor IV

Thank you for the information, but this is a little disconcerting.  With the extreme similarity between the RT1060 and the RT1064, what is the reason that the the SDK would be delayed by 5 months?!  Again, we are trying to justify the use of the RT1064 as the foundation of our products potentially for the next 10 years but NXP is sending the signal that the RT1064 is not important enough to keep up-to-date as much as the rest of the i.MX RT family.

What is the reason for the significant delay?

0 Kudos

mariocenteno
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nick,

The i.MX RT1064 went into production in December 2018.  We will add the i.MX RT1064 to the longevity program once we qualify the industrial temp this quarter.

thanks,

Mario

mwutley
Contributor II

Good to hear. Thanks for the info.

-Matt

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nick,

SDK 2.5.0 Mainline release only includes NPIs which has reached RFP quality before its Release Candidate 1, therefore RT1064 will be in 2.6.0 mainline release in May.

Thanks a lot for your understanding!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let us know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

nbgatgi
Contributor IV

kerryzhou‌,

Is the SDK version 2.6.0 still on track to be released this month?

Nick

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nick,

About the SDK2.6.0 for RT1064 will be tested in the next month internally, so it will be released later, this month won't be released.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

mwutley
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

I noticed the RT1064 is not on the NXP product longevity list, but the RT1020, RT1050 and RT1060 are. Do you know if there are plans to qualify it for this list? Product Longevity|NXP 

This gives me some of the same concerns as Nick.

Thank you,

Matt

nbgatgi
Contributor IV

With the RT1060 having been released in September, it makes sense that it is on the longevity list.  I know that the RT1064 is on eval boards which are readily available, but the chips themselves are not.  I'm not sure that the RT1064 is actually fully released yet.  It's nothing official since I don't work for NXP, but I'm less concerned than if it had been released in September and still not on the list.