cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUBootloader can't able to build for imxrt1160_evk_cm7 core

Jump to solution
vishnusudhankj
Contributor III

I tried the following procedure to build the MCU Bootloader for imxrt1160 EVK for CM7 core.

1. In the ZEPHYRBASE/bootloader/mcuboot/zephyr/prj.conf file , I included KEY value as CONFIG_BOOT_SIGNATURE_KEY_FILE="root_rsa_2048.pem " (for singing the image)
  2. Now using the "west build -s boot/zephyr -b mimxrt1160_evk_cm7" , I build the MCUBootloader.
    While building , I observed fatal error as ,
    home/vishnusudhan/zephyr-sdk-0.13.2/arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-zephyr-eabi/10.3.0/../../../../arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/ld.bfd: zephyr/zephyr_pre0.elf section **rodata' will not fit in region FLASH'**
    /home/vishnusudhan/zephyr-sdk-0.13.2/arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-zephyr-eabi/10.3.0/../../../../arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/ld./ld.bfd: region `FLASH' overflowed by 632 bytes

error_log.png

Kindly provide suggest how to overcome this issue/ any reference doc / steps available to find the solution for this issue?

cc: @kanimozhi_t 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I was wondering if you can share the steps of testing, then I'd like to replicate the build error.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I was wondering if you can share the steps of testing, then I'd like to replicate the build error.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
vishnusudhankj
Contributor III

After updating partition file, can able to solve the issue

0 Kudos