Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU BootUtility, fuse spaces in gray

Jump to solution
vanessa_dis
Contributor III

Hi 
I just have a quick question, I scanned the efuses from my board in MCUBootUtility, i would like to know what does it mean the grey spaces?

Can I write in this fuses?

vanessa_dis_0-1622841809854.png

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) I would like to know what does it mean the grey spaces?
-- These grey spaces mean the fuse areas are reserved for NXP internal (and future) use only. Customers must not attempt to burn these, because the IC behavior may be unpredictable. The reserved fuses can be read as either '0' or '1'.
Hope this is clear.
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) I would like to know what does it mean the grey spaces?
-- These grey spaces mean the fuse areas are reserved for NXP internal (and future) use only. Customers must not attempt to burn these, because the IC behavior may be unpredictable. The reserved fuses can be read as either '0' or '1'.
Hope this is clear.
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
vanessa_dis
Contributor III

Thank your aswer

I just have other question..

I want to configure Secure JTAG, but the spots where we must burn are in grey. For example, the spot for key is in grey.

so can we burn those spots?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you refer to the application note to enable the Secure JTAG feature.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
vanessa_dis
Contributor III

Yes, I'm using that application note, but what I mean is that here where the key must be configured is in grey 

vanessa_dis_0-1623155893210.png

So, there is a way to know what value is here? And can I write in these fuses?

Thanks

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Firstly, I'd like to know the time the grey background start to appear, as it doesn't exist on my tool (as the below figure shows), next, can you share the lock value in the Fuse map just like the below figure shows, as I guess you may blow some Lock bits, if yes, it blocks read or write some fuse areas.

jeremyzhou_0-1623210280179.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
vanessa_dis
Contributor III

Thank you for your help.

Yes... I've heard about it.

The thing is that this place is also hidden. I read a little about OTG, that it have functions and I could read this values. Is it possible? Just to confirm. Or what do you think I should do?

Or is it a fact that when it appears in shadow/grey, the fuses cannot be reading and writing anymore?

vanessa_dis_0-1623246385275.png

Thanks

Vanessa

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) What do you think I should do?
-- I'd like to suggest you refer to the application note to try to read the fuse map.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos