cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCMGR Reboot Crashing M4 Core

D_TTSA
Contributor V

Good day

In my project, I am restarting the M4 core of the RT1176 processor.

In certain conditions, I want the M4 to continually restart. However, it seems like there is a problem in the SDK for this.

You can reproduce this problem on the MIMXRT1170-EVK quite easily. You will need to load the evkmimxrt1170_multicore_manager_cm7 project and the associated evkmimxrt1170_multicore_manager_cm4 project. Then, comment out line 180 and line 196 of the project's mcmgr_core0.c. Load this to the EVK and run it.

D_Tram23_1-1642746230255.png

This adjustment will make the processor continually stop the M4 core, wait 1s, then start the M4 core and wait 1s. 

After some time (about 5 minutes maximum), you can see from the UART terminal output that the M4 core is no longer producing a CoreUpEvent, because "Secondary core is in startup code" is not printed anymore.

D_Tram23_0-1642746096927.png

Could NXP's technical team please have a look at this.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

D_TTSA
Contributor V

Bump @kerryzhou

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @D_TTSA ,

This is a strange problem. I'm looking into it. Please wait several days.

Regards,

Jing

D_TTSA
Contributor V

Hi @jingpan 

Thanks for your reply. Could you please provide an update?

Kind regards

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @D_TTSA ,

Sorry, we are still checking this issue.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @D_TTSA ,

The issue is related to cache coherency on the CM4. It is a bug in our SDK drivers. The SDK team is currently working on a fix. A temporary solution that seems to do the trick is to disable the System and Code caches on the CM4.

• include fsl_cache.h in mcmgr_core1.c
  • insert L1CACHE_DisableSystemCache(); and  L1CACHE_DisableCodeCache(); in mcmgr_core1.c after BOARD_ConfigMPU();

Best Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

D_TTSA
Contributor V

Hi @jingpan 

Thank you for the update. Could you please estimate when this update to the SDK will be made?

If you are not sure, could you perhaps say which version of the SDK it would be included in? v2.??.??

Kind regards

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @D_TTSA ,

Sorry I don't know.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos