Local Voice Control and Alexa Voice Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Voice Control and Alexa Voice Service

NXP_SS
Contributor I

I am interesting with 2 modules for voice controls, but they are similar and have same hardware and based on i.MX RT106. So for these modules can I use same firmware, or for each module need use another firmware ?

1. https://www.nxp.com/design/designs/nxp-edgeready-mcu-based-solution-for-alexa-voice-service:MCU-VOIC...

2.https://www.nxp.com/design/designs/nxp-edgeready-mcu-based-solution-for-local-voice-control:MCU-LOCA...

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexmarin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

local-iot has an RT106L MCU, while alexa-iot has an RT106A MCU.

We also have an RT106S MCU for local2-iot.

All of these part numbers are used for allowing the IP software to run only on the designated MCU.

You cannot put the ASR library of an RT106S on an RT106A or on an RT106L.

But there is no IP software for the ASR used in the Alexa-IoT integration, so you should be able to have an Alexa for IoT integration on RT106L or RT106S.

But you cannot have the ASR of RT106L or RT106S on the RT106A.

The only limitation would be the RAM memory usage, but if you can make local commands and alexa integration to fit into 1MB, then it should work.

That being said, please note that Alexa for IoT is being discontinued by Amazon, which will not certify any new products integrating AFI. So if you are planning to go into production with RT106A, please contact Amazon immediately to understand if they will accept certifying your product.

NXP has already marked sln-alexa-iot as 'Not recommended for new designs' on our solution web page.

Kind regards,

Alex Marin

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Each module uses its own firmware. The SLN-ALEXA-IOT kit uses Amazon Web services while the SLN-LOCAL-IOT kit doesn't. Due to this, each solution has to use its own software. 

Have a great day,

Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rkumar
Contributor I

Dear Sir,

I am also looking Local Voice + Alexa solution in one chip, so that i can control the home devices with local commands when internet is OFF and using Alexa when internet is ON. Do NXP support to develop this kind of solution in one package.

My plan is i want to develop Zigbee/Thread/Wifi Matter compatiable gateway and integrate the local+Alexa solution as one product.

Thanks,

Ravi Kumar V

0 Kudos