cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading an executable image into RAM in MIMXRT1064

mayureshmanjrek
Contributor II

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to link a relatively small test firmware for the MIMXRT1064 MCU in internal RAM and execute it from there. I am able to successfully link the firmware in SRAM_DTC section (using the RAM linker script I found in MCUXpresso examples) and I am even able to run it without any issues using J-Link and GDB debugging session. 

Now the problem I am facing is that I need to remove the dependancy on a programmer tool like J-Link / Open SDA programmer to load the firmware into the internal RAM and execute it. I am quite sure that this could be achieved since I believe the RT1064 Flashloader firmware (ivt_flashloader.bin file) used for burning the e-fuse bits executes from internal RAM. The sdphost utility loads this bin file into the internal RAM address of 0x20000000 and then jumps to the address 0x20000400 and begins execution. 

Could someone please give me the steps required to generate such an executable bin file which I could load and run from internal RAM? 

I have already followed the steps given in this post:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/500209 

But I am not able to successfully generate the bin file from the mentioned dcd.bin and .bd files. The elftosb utlity freezes for some reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Mayuresh

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

mayureshmanjrek
Contributor II

Hi Jeremy,

I have already went through the document but could not get it working.

Nevermind though, my counterpart in our UK office got it working.

Thanks,

Mayuresh

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mayuresh Manjrekar,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
the opportunity to serve you.
To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you to refer to the https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-341317 which demonstrates how to generate a bootable image that boots from the external QSPI flash to internal RAM, please refer to it for details.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos