Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of supported QSPI flash devices

Jump to solution
nickwallis
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Is there a definitive list of supported QSPI flash devices please? This is for using on the flexSPI for booting the IMXRT106x.

Also, can equivalent devices be used as an alternative? By equivalent, I mean both hardware compatible (PCB package and pinout) and software compatible (same command set.)

Does either the chip itself, the SDK or the IDE/flash programming tools check the JEDEC ID of the connected device? (thus preventing an alternative device with a different JEDEC ID from functioning.) Or can any equivalent device be used successfully?

thanks

-Nick

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nick, 

Please refer to the following application note: 

How to Enable Boot from QSPI Flash (nxp.com)

Section 5 has the information that you are looking for. Table 3 has some memories that we had tested, but be aware of the following information. 

Besides the EVK onboard QSPI Flash, the following Flashes are also supported, and please note those
are just typical examples with those flash vendors, theoretically, we could support all the flash memory
that comply with JESD216/JESD216A/JESD216B.

Regards,
Victor 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
nickwallis
Senior Contributor I

Thanks Victor, that answered my question.

regards

-Nick

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nick, 

Please refer to the following application note: 

How to Enable Boot from QSPI Flash (nxp.com)

Section 5 has the information that you are looking for. Table 3 has some memories that we had tested, but be aware of the following information. 

Besides the EVK onboard QSPI Flash, the following Flashes are also supported, and please note those
are just typical examples with those flash vendors, theoretically, we could support all the flash memory
that comply with JESD216/JESD216A/JESD216B.

Regards,
Victor