cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LinkServer issues with MIMXRT1010-EVK

Jump to solution
benedek_kupper
Contributor III

I have started working with the iMX RT1010 with the EVK on Ubuntu 18.04, with MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.1 [Build 3241]. I'm using the default debug configuration (C/C++ NXP MCU Application), and have the following problems:

1. If I flash an image that produces a HardFault or messes up the target in any other major way, I'm unable to connect to the LinkServer afterwards. What I've managed to do so far is to change the MCU boot to Serial Downloader, after which I can connect with LinkServer again, and flash a working demo. Why can't I connect to the target MCU in any state?
  2. I want to be able to reset the MCU without losing the LinkServer connection. This is possible on other development boards that I've worked with, but I have found it not to be the case here. Am I missing something, or it's really not possible to reset the MCU under LinkServer connection?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Benedek Kupper,

Thanks for your reply.
1) How such a reset can be performed, that doesn't drop the LinkServer connection.
-- Please click the below icon to reset the MCU.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Benedek Kupper,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Why can't I connect to the target MCU in any state?
-- Yes, I've also encountered this similar phenomenon as you mentioned, and your fix way often works. In my opinion, this phenomenon is related to on-board debugger: OpenSDA.
2) Am I missing something, or it's really not possible to reset the MCU under the LinkServer connection?
-- Whether you can introduce your test procedure, as it can help me to figure this issue out.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
benedek_kupper
Contributor III

jeremyzhou wrote:

2) Am I missing something, or it's really not possible to reset the MCU under the LinkServer connection?
-- Whether you can introduce your test procedure, as it can help me to figure this issue out.

I am simply pressing the reset button on the EVK. I would be glad to receive a suggestion, how such a reset can be performed, that doesn't drop the LinkServer connection.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Benedek Kupper,

Thanks for your reply.
1) How such a reset can be performed, that doesn't drop the LinkServer connection.
-- Please click the below icon to reset the MCU.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos