Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Time Optimization with SD card

Jump to solution
Davidino
Contributor IV

Goodmorning,

I'm using the iMXRT1064evk board, MCUXpresso version 11.3.0 and SDK version 2.9.1.

In my project, the code is executed in XIP, but in order to control efficaciously 4 motors, I need to enable the Link Time Optimization. The problem happens when I try to include the SD card code. Trying to compile the code in Release mode, optimization -O3 with LTO, I get the error:

c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_11.3.0_5222/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_11.3.0.202008311133/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: error: lto-wrapper failed

I tested the SD card polling demo code, that you can find in attachment, and the problem happens similarly.

Can you give me some suggestions? Reading on internet they suggest to remove the LTO but I cannot give up the LTO optimization.

Thank you in advanced.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Davidino
Contributor IV

Hello @nxf77486 ,

thank you for your answer. At the current stage development, for us it's not possible to update the SDK version, since it would demand extra work. Some functions could be different as well as the MCUXpresso's config tools, and we probably should redo the .mex file from scratch.

Hello @jeremyzhou ,

thank you for your answer. I tested my code, including the SDcard part, with optimization level -Os and the code compiles correctly; but unfortunately, our motors don't behave as good as before.

Even though it'd be nice to have the SDcard, it's not mandatory in our project.

I'll keep in mind your suggestions and when I'll update the SDK, I'll try again with -Os.

Thank you for your support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Davidino
Contributor IV

Hello @nxf77486 ,

thank you for your answer. At the current stage development, for us it's not possible to update the SDK version, since it would demand extra work. Some functions could be different as well as the MCUXpresso's config tools, and we probably should redo the .mex file from scratch.

Hello @jeremyzhou ,

thank you for your answer. I tested my code, including the SDcard part, with optimization level -Os and the code compiles correctly; but unfortunately, our motors don't behave as good as before.

Even though it'd be nice to have the SDcard, it's not mandatory in our project.

I'll keep in mind your suggestions and when I'll update the SDK, I'll try again with -Os.

Thank you for your support.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Davidino ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
In my opinion, you can try the below option to enable the Link Time Optimization, meanwhile with Os optimization level.

jeremyzhou_0-1648109063797.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Davidino ,

I understand the concern, can you please try this with the latest SDK version for the i.MXRT1064 the latest version is the 2.11.0. Please let me know if the problem persist can you please send to me the log file in order to have more information.

EVK-MIMXRT1064 

0 Kudos