cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LWIP MQTT + TLS + Free Rtos

vasudhevan
Contributor V

Dear team,

As suggested, we have implemented MQTT with TLS1.2, but we are facing some issue in handshake process. Once after successful completion of handshake we are facing protocol mismatch error. 

Can somebody help, where we have done mistake. we can share our workspace if required. 

We followed the procedure as per the below thread.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/LWIP-MQTT-TLS-Free-Rtos-reference-code/m-p/1208121/highlight/fa...

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi vasudhevan,

Thanks for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

Do you mean, when you use the RT1064 SDK related code, your  TLS1.2 can work with the HTTP right, but when you use the MQTT with TLS1.2, you meet the handshake issues.

In the previous time, about the TLS1.2 handshake issues, I meet one customer, but that customer still use the HTTP, just import it the customer's project, and add other code like SD card and others.

At last, his issue is caused by the memory issues, it is resolved by changing the define "configTOTAL_HEAP_SIZE" (file FreeRTOSConfig.h) to the large value, eg: 150 * 1024.

So, I think you also can try to set large configTOTAL_HEAP_SIZE on your side, whether that is helpful on your side or not.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

vasudhevan
Contributor V

Hi Kerry,

we are using 500*1024 size. Still we are facing the same issue. 

If required we can share the workspace, it will be easy for you to help.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi vasudhevan,

Except the MQTT TLS issues, do you test the HTTP TLS project on your side? Whether you meet the handshark issue or not?

Eg:

SDK_2.8.6_EVK-MIMXRT1064\boards\evkmimxrt1064\lwip_examples\lwip_httpscli_mbedTLS

I need to check, whether your website has issues or not.

Do you add the TLS function in the LWIP MQTT project by yourself?

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos