LVGL version 8.1.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVGL version 8.1.0

milo_bai
Contributor II

I want to use LVGL on RT1176, but found that the LVGL version (v7.10.1) is very lag behind in the latest SDK (2.10.1). What should I do if I want to use the latest version v8.1.0 on RT1176?

When I porting the v8.1.0 to  RT 1176, but va_copy method is undefined when I use redlib to debug. And the routines in the SDK do not indicate this error. Why?

Tags (1)
6 Replies

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

MCUXpresso SDK 2.11 is now available, and supports LVGL 8.0.

There is a lag between LVGL releases and the SDK updates because our SDK releases go through extensive testing, and this process takes several months. We will catch up to V8.1 later this year.

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) What should I do if I want to use the latest version v8.1.0 on RT1176?
-- It needs the customer to do porting work by himself.
2) And the routines in the SDK do not indicate this error. Why?
-- I'm not very clear with the question, whether you mean the code project doesn't raise any compile errors after porting, however, it raises an error during debugging. Is my understanding right?
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

milo_bai
Contributor II

Sorry. It's flow

When I porting the v8.1.0 to  RT 1176, the va_copy method is undefined when I use redlib to build. And the routines in the SDK do not indicate this error. If use newlib to build then not report that error. 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
The compile error may be related to Redlib is basically a C90 standard C library and it doesn't completely support the C99 and C++ libraries.
However, Newlib provides complete C99 and C++ library support at the expense of a larger (in some cases, much larger) code size in your application.
And You can learn more details about these libraries by referring to 16. C/C++ Library Support in the MCUXpresso IDE User Guide.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

sukyeong
Contributor III

Hello.
mcuxpresso 11.5 and sdk2.11 supports lvgl8 version.

So, I imported the sdk example, but the gui guider part example does not appear on the LCD.

Am I missing something?

thank you.

0 Kudos

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

SDK 2.11 supports LVGL 8.0.2, but not 8.1.

There was also a change in the LCD panel support for the RK055 panels; the supplier (Rocktech) made the panel we were reselling and replaced it with a new version which is almost the same but uses a different controller. The SDK defaults to the new controller type:

• New controller RK055MHD091 for NPI part number RK055HDMIPI4MA0
  • Previous controller RK055AHD091 for NPI part number RK055HDMIPI4M

In the display_support.h file try changing the definition, highlighted below, to DEMO_PANEL_RK055AHD091:

#define DEMO_PANEL_RK055AHD091 0 /* 720 * 1280 */
#define DEMO_PANEL_RK055IQH091 1 /* 540 * 960 */
#define DEMO_PANEL_RK055MHD091 2 /* 720 * 1280 */

#define DEMO_DISPLAY_CONTROLLER_ELCDIF 0
#define DEMO_DISPLAY_CONTROLLER_LCDIFV2 1

#ifndef DEMO_PANEL
#define DEMO_PANEL DEMO_PANEL_RK055MHD091
#endif