LPUART Free elements in TX fifo API call.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPUART Free elements in TX fifo API call.

e_v_spronsen
Contributor III

I'm looking in the documentation for a function that returns the free elements in the LPUART TX fifo.

So I know how many data element to write in the interrupt function. 

Can you please tell me where I can find it.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately, there isn't any API that gives you this information. This is because within the FIFO register of the LPUART, there isn't any information that tells you either how many elements the FIFO exactly has or how many empty spaces are.  

Have a great day,

Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

e_v_spronsen
Contributor III

Don't use my my full name on the Internet! Who want to end in a search about the element used in a TX register!!

So the only way to empty the TX register is a while not empty loop? That is not really sophisticated.

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Yes, if you want to know exactly how many free spaces you have on the TX FIFO you will have to implement something like a while not empty loop. 

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos