Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED Brightness control with PWM

Jump to solution
DavidChang0
Contributor I

Hello,

I am very new to MXRT1050EVKB. I am trying to control with PWM signal. I have configure a pin as pwm1

peripheral. The pwm signal has also generated.But what more i should do control brightness of LED..what more have to implement and how?Please help

0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Within the SDK for the RT1050-EVKB you will find a PWM example. This is a good starting point for your application. If you want to see the PWM through an LED, you have two options: 

• Connect an external LED to one of the PWM outputs of the example. 
  • The USER_LED of the RT1050-EVKB is connected to pin GPIO_AD_B0_09. This pin has PWM functionality. So, you can modify the SDK example to activate this pin as well. This way, you will see the PWM through the onboard LED. 

Regards,
Victor 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Within the SDK for the RT1050-EVKB you will find a PWM example. This is a good starting point for your application. If you want to see the PWM through an LED, you have two options: 

• Connect an external LED to one of the PWM outputs of the example. 
  • The USER_LED of the RT1050-EVKB is connected to pin GPIO_AD_B0_09. This pin has PWM functionality. So, you can modify the SDK example to activate this pin as well. This way, you will see the PWM through the onboard LED. 

Regards,
Victor