Keypad Port (KPP) on the i.MX RT1010 EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keypad Port (KPP) on the i.MX RT1010 EVK

johnadriaan
Contributor III

Thanks to NXP for providing example code for the KPP peripheral on the RT1010. The one thing they missed was a wiring diagram for the example (although doc/readme.txt gives the connections) - so I thought I'd provide what I worked out. With the below connections, it works straight out of the box! Unfortunately, though, only for digits 1-9...

The code uses Rows 1-3 and Columns 1-3, leaving Row 0 and Column 0 unused. Connecting those two for the full 4x4 keypad is left as an exercise for the reader. Hint: you'll need Arduino's A3, and pin 2 of J54 (not shown below, but the pin on the right with that orientation).

The RT1010 EVK has Arduino connectors, so it was easiest to use Fritzing and the ubiquitous 4x4 Arduino membrane keypad to provide a diagram. These correspond to the upper pins on the corresponding EVK connectors with this orientation:

KPP.png

Labels (1)
6 Replies

danielmilutinov
Contributor III

Hello John, 

I just wanted to confirm if you really meant pin 2 of J54, as the Arduino Interface headers are labelled J56, J57, J26 and J60 on my board.

If it's not a typo, can you please tell me where J54 is on the board as I've run out of GPIO on the i.MX RT1010 EVK - I could only find 15 pins to connect to on J56, J57, J26 and J60.

Daniel

0 Kudos

johnadriaan
Contributor III

Daniel,

I did indeed mean J54. It's one of the jumpers between the Arduino connectors. In the image below, it's the left of the three in the row, circled in red. In this orientation, it's the top pin.

MIMXRT1010 J54.png

According to the schematic, that pin is directly connected to GPIO 11 (Pin 1) on the MCU, and is also labelled SPDIF Out. It's not on the Arduino connector - this was the easiest access point.

danielmilutinov
Contributor III

Hello John, 

Thank you for the very clear explanation and diagram, I'm putting together a table showing GPIO's and corresponding connectors on the i.MX RT1010 EVK as I couldn't find it in the hardware users guide the last time I checked - can you please provide a link to the schematic you are referring to as I can't seem to find this information anywhere. I'll add GPIO1_11 (which is also connected to the board LED) to the table. 

Daniel

0 Kudos

johnadriaan
Contributor III

On the site page for the MIMXRT1010-EVK under Documentation is the following link:

Printed Circuit Boards and Schematics.

It's a 7-Zip file with Gerbers, silk screens, BOM, and a 13-page schematic.

danielmilutinov
Contributor III

That's great, thanks John. 

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John Adriaan

Thanks for sharing this information, your post is a great contribution to the community.

Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos