cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSZ8081RNB alternatives for I.MXRT1060

patriciocohen
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm having a terrible time trying to get the KSZ8081RNB PHY for my PCB. They are not available anywhere.

Is there a compatible alternative? 

Please help.

Thanks

Patricio

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your statement, it seems like your PCB board is ready and you want to find an alternative Physical Layer Transceiver whose pins are compatible with the KSZ8081RNB.
Is my understanding right? If yes, I'd like to suggest you'd better to contact the Micorchip, as it's nobody know their product than them.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

patriciocohen
Contributor IV

Hi Jeremy,

We are open to change the layout and manufacture a new board if necessary.

Can you please indicate compatible alternative PHYs for the Imxrt1060 family?

Thanks

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Can you please indicate compatible alternative PHYs for the Imxrt1060 family?
-- In actuality, the RT1060 can work with most mainstream Physical Layer Transceiver, like the KZ80xx, DP838xx, etc.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

patriciocohen
Contributor IV

Hi Jeremy,

For using any of those chips do I need and special driver? Or can I continue to use the same software that I have for the original design?

Thank you

Patricio

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
In my opinion, it should be Okay to use the same driver to driver the KZ80xx chips, however, the driver software need to be adapted if use other Physical Layer Transceiver chips.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos