Issue in generating PWM signal without xbar input.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in generating PWM signal without xbar input.

Rajiya
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to generate the PWM signals for IMXRT1052.

Referring to the driver code in SDK_2.9.1_EVKB-IMXRT1050. In this example code XBAR input is used for generating signals. If i dont use xbar, no signal is generated.

I want to generate PWM signal with the fixed frequency and duty cycle without using XBAR module.

Can you please generate code without XBAR?

0 Kudos
8 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your statement, I'd recommend you to timer modules to generate the PWM signal, for instance, QTMR module, further, there's a qtmr_inputcapture_outputpwm demo project which demonstrates how to output PWM by utilizing the QTMR module
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Rajiya
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to develop separate PWM module not with QTMR.

QTMR is a separate module.

0 Kudos

Rajiya
Contributor I

Hi,

I am very much new to imxrt controllers and do not have much understanding on why to use xbar module to generate PWM signals.

We are creating separate driver for PWM and QTMR modules.

Can you please help me to get the code without xbar?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
It makes me a bit confused, I was wondering if you can explain your purpose in detail.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Rajiya
Contributor I

Hi,

As mentioned in readme file of PWM example code i have shorted the resisters(0Ω) at R279 R280 R281.

Connecting the logic analyzer to check the PWM signals.

I am able to see the signals generated at different frequency and duty cycle.

In this example code XBAR is initialized and used.

Now the issue is, if i am commenting XBAR part as shown in attachment, NO signal is generated.

Rajiya_0-1623770247765.png

Can you please suggest me on how to disable XBAR and generate the PWM signals?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Can you please suggest me on how to disable X BAR and generate the PWM signals?
-- The fault pin must be connected to the specific pins via the XBAR module, so it's impossible to unuse the XBAR module.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

Sridharanblr
Contributor I

Hi jeremyzhou,

I am too from same team,

Let me specify the actual requirement .

1. The need is to just to control the LED for fading effect using any of the PADs available for PWM module(From datasheet Page: 282/283/284) without XBAR module

2. This need to have variable frequency and duty cycle based on configuration. We don't wanted any other feature like complementary signal .

3. This need to generate PWM signal independently on any of the PAD's that we configure based on MUX/PAD/Daisy register based on our custom board . (FLEXPWM0/FLEXPWM1/FLEXPWM2/FLEXPWM3)

For the above requirement we are developing our own PWM driver using from SDK. this also works on evaluation board . The concerning thing is that we don't wanted the XBAR switch as a bridge . The moment we configure the PWM Pad and set Freq/Duty cycle, The signal should appear on PAD. 

We feel this XBAR is another independent switching module. We need a solution how to avoid XBAR module and directly output the PWM signal on pad. 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
The fault pin needs to be assigned via the XBAR actually, in another word, FlexPWM is not completely independent with the XBAR module.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos