cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Flashing application binary on SLN-LOCAL2-IOT

jnj
Contributor III

Hi All,

I tried to flash application binary on SLN-LOCAL2-IOT using MSD method. Initially the application was running in the  Bank A .So I linked new image to Bank B before building the local_demo and flashed using MSD method.The changes in the application got updated in the EVK. Again I needed to change the application and hence repeated the same procedure and flashed.But changes are not getting updated on the EVK. Anything needs to be done in order to update the new image on the EVK?

Kindly help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
14 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jnj ,

When you run the bank A and bank B, do you use the console to check the on going app version? Whether that it is correct, if running bank A, you need to download bankB in MSD.

kerryzhou_0-1632367506597.png

Now, if you can't run the app, can you enter the MSD or not?

If no, I highly suggest find an JLINK, then use the JLINK download the code directly. download both A and B app. As I always use the debugger to download the code directly.

If you still have issues, just kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

jnj
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou ,

Thanks for the response.I could flash the EVK with application binary via debugger(SEGGER JLink).But now I am facing another issue after flashing application bin with changes.I am not even able to access the USB console and application seems to be bot running in the evk. Could you please help on this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jnj ,

Please also use your debugger download these two project again:

SDK_2_8_0_SLN-LOCAL2-IOT\boards\sln_local2_iot\sln_boot_apps

kerryzhou_0-1632819053551.png

Then try it, whether your USB can be connected or not?

Just update all the related firmware.

Any updated information, just kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

jnj
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou ,

I tried flashing bootloader and bootstrap multiple times.But there is no any progress?Any memory mapping needs to be done ?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jnj ,

Please check your hardware, as you know, it is using two boards insert together, whether your two boards connection is not good?

You can divide the two boards, and insert them together again.

As you know, the USB is in another board which is not the MCU board, as all your app, boot project has be programed, if the USB still not work, and you even can't find the UART, seems your board connection is not good, what about the boot mode, do you use internal boot mode, or the serial download mode?

kerryzhou_0-1632890383222.png

J27 should be connected to 1.

You also can take a photo about your board, and give me the photo.

Please give me your power on photo, I need to check which led is on.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

jnj
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou ,

Kindly see the attachment.

e18d0496-88ce-44b5-9f9d-71b25d0d4c79.jpg

J27 is connected to 1 only. I think hardware connections are good.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jnj 

Thanks for your updated information.

Your led is correct.

When you power on, the app is not run, and no voice out, right?

What about the device management, can you find the UART com port like me or not?

kerryzhou_0-1632899646221.png

In your bootstrap and bootloader project,  turn off the image verification.

kerryzhou_1-1632899784467.png

Then use the Debugger download the code again. 

to the local_demo, please download it to two different address:

Application Bank A  0x6030_0000

and Application Bank B  0x60D0_0000

In fact, I also meet one times like you, use the MSD download to the wrong area, then I also use the JLINK debugger download the following 

kerryzhou_2-1632900031283.png

Then the board is back to normal. When you enter the MSD, you need to power off the USB, then press the SW2 and hold it, then plug the USB.

Please give me more details about your question:USB is not getting detected in Windows PC.

Can't enter the MSD mode? Or even the UART COM also didn't work?

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

jnj
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou ,

I am not able to set board in  MSD mode by pressing and holding SW2 and also not able to access the console(USB-CDC-ACM).

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jnj 

OK, now, do you remember the detail steps to damage your board? whether the related app.bin still exist?

If yes, give me the detail steps, I will follow you and test it, whether my board also the same as you or not.

provide your test image, give me details issue reproduce steps, as I have two SLN-LOCAL2-IOT, so I can help you to test it, if I also meet issues, then I can do more checking on my own side.

best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos

jnj
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou ,

I wanted to get the application logs.So I put a configPRINTF() in the main() function in main.c of sln_local2_iot_local_demo.Compiled the code and I have done the debug.Got Assertion failed . So I flashed both bootloader and bootstrap images using SEGGER.After that ,only flashing is working.Application seems to be not running in the evk(voice is not coming and led blinking is also not happening).Then I checked the boostrap memory map.It was on 0x6000_0000.So I changed to 0x6000_2000(mentioned in the SLN-LOCAL2-IOT-DG.pdf) and Flashed the same.But still problem exists.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jnj ,

No,  boostrap memory you don't need to move to 0x6000_2000, as this project contains the FCB+IVT from 0x60000000. xip folder:hyperflash_config and image_vector_table.

kerryzhou_0-1632971747412.png

kerryzhou_1-1632971798530.png

Do you test my last suggestion,  turn off the image verification?

Refer to chapter 5.3 Turning off image verification  in the SLN-LOCAL2-IOT-DG.pdf

Please try it at first.

BTW, please also enter serial download mode, then use the MCUbootUtility tool:

https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility/archive/refs/tags/v3.3.1.zip
the related user manual is:
https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility

Your board, power off, J27 connect to 0, then power on the USB, open the MCUbootUtiliy:

kerryzhou_2-1632972072477.png

kerryzhou_3-1632972094407.png

Can you find the USB VID and PID?

If yes,  Connect to ROM button, then use my attached .bin file, burn it to 0x60000000, length is 0x1dc0000. This .bin file is readout from my board.

The burn time is long, just wait it patiently, you can see the log window, wait it finished.

kerryzhou_4-1632972686669.png

step 3 use my attached .bin.

Any updated information, kindly let me know.

best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

jnj
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou ,

I connected J27 to 0.But I am not able to see VID and PID In NXP-MCU Boot utility.Can we flash the bin using any other method?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jnj ,

1. serial download mode

When you connected J27 to 0., do you power off and power on the board again?

Or you must do the reset.

If you even can't find the VID, PID, that's strange, seems your chip have issues. As the serial download mode must can be entered if the chip is normal. Please power off and power on, and open the MCUbootutility tool again, whether any improve or not.

2. about downloading.

You can use the JLINK Jflash to download it, the chip you can select the RT1052, as this chip is in default using the hyperflash, other RT1060 is using the QSPI flash driver, it is another story.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos

jnj
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou ,

I tried flashing bootstrap and bootloader multiple times(Logs of flashing are quite fine).But it is not working.USB is not getting detected in Windows PC.Any memory mapping should be taken care to update ?

0 Kudos