Is there errata for early production RT1176 parts?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there errata for early production RT1176 parts?

Jump to solution
mrd
Contributor III

I was googling for information about whether or not RT1176 tamper pins (GPIO_SNVS_xx) can be general purpose I/O when I found that the datasheet for Embedded Artists RT1176 uCOM module says that early production RT1176 silicon does not allow the pins to be GPIO. I looked at the RT1176-EVK board (where I was trying to use the tamper pins as GPIO) and found that it was prefixed with a 'P', which Embedded Artists says means it is early production silicon.

Embedded Artists datasheet was helpful in that it confirmed that GPIO_SNVS_xx can be general purpose I/O on with newer RT1176 parts, but it made me wonder what else might not work right on my RT1176-EVK board due to it having a pre-production RT1176.

When I look at the latest RT117x errata document, I don't see this mentioned. Is there a separate errata document somewhere?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mrd ,

P means prototype samples.

But, please don't worry, to the MIMXRT1170-EVK, eg, Rev C1, already use the new chip, you can refer to the latest RT117X errata directly.

About the tamper pins (GPIO_SNVS_xx), it can be general purpose I/O, and you don't need to burn fuse.

In the none SNVS mode, just configure it as the GPIO, it can be the GPIO and the wakeup source.

In the SNVS mode, the state can't be keeped.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mrd ,

P means prototype samples.

But, please don't worry, to the MIMXRT1170-EVK, eg, Rev C1, already use the new chip, you can refer to the latest RT117X errata directly.

About the tamper pins (GPIO_SNVS_xx), it can be general purpose I/O, and you don't need to burn fuse.

In the none SNVS mode, just configure it as the GPIO, it can be the GPIO and the wakeup source.

In the SNVS mode, the state can't be keeped.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos