Is there any IMXRT device that work with 1.8V NVCC_GPIO?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any IMXRT device that work with 1.8V NVCC_GPIO?

jh0
Contributor IV

Hi,

I found here that some of IMXRT devices at early datasheet specified with 1.8V GPIO, that is later updated to 3.0V minimum. Is there any family member that can work with 1.8V GPIO?

Thanks,

JH

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
Hope you are well.
Yes, RT1170/1160 family support 1.8v mode in NVCC_GPIO:

Omar_Anguiano_0-1655404216159.png

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

jh0
Contributor IV

What means (1.8 V mode) and (3.3 V mode) in datasheet table? Device can work without any restrictions with NVCC_GPIO from 1.65V to 3.6V (full range)? Is there any requested sequence for applying external voltage to NVCC_GPIO? Can device be damaged if for example NVCC_GPIO is turned off, than after minute switched to 1.65V, again off, and than 3.6V? Or if it is changing (in 1.65V - 3.65V range) during device operation / normal running?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The voltage modes stand for the operating voltage on the pins powered by an specific power rail.
If NVCC_GPIO is powered in 1.8v, the pins connected to that power rail will work at that voltage. The working voltage is indicated at table 11 however the pins can tolerate the voltage range indicated at table 8. Stress beyond those listed under Table 8 may cause permanent damage to the device.

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos