Is it possible to change a master project to a slave project?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change a master project to a slave project?

Jump to solution
D_TTSA
Contributor V

I have a project that is working as a standalone project for the cortex M4 on the RT1170-EVK. However, I need this project to be the slave project in a multi-core project setup. 

I want to create a master project to run on the M7, and call this slave project from the master.

Is there any way I can change the M4 project from a standalone (master) project to a slave project? I can't get the M4 project to perform Ethernet communication as a slave project (see my other post at https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/Cannot-transmit-receive-Ethernet-frames-Cortex-M4-on-RT1170-EVK...), so I was hoping to convert a working master project to a slave project.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You will need to create a new slave project and then copy your application from the master project. There is no option to convert a project that was already created as a master project to be slave.

Best regards,

Felipe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You will need to create a new slave project and then copy your application from the master project. There is no option to convert a project that was already created as a master project to be slave.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos