表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Is OpenSDA essential?

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,230件の閲覧回数
emdev
Contributor III

Hello, NXP,

I checked that there is OpenSDA between i.MX RT1010 (or i.MX RT1020) and USB connector.

With "GUI Flash Tool" in MCUXpresso IDE, I can download image.

When I checked RT1020_connect.scp, this use SWD to download firmware.

In real board which I will make, I want to remove OpenSDA and use only RT10xx if possible.

When I get board without firmware, how I can download image?

Do I use MCU Boot Utility(NXP-MCUBootUtility)?

Before getting real board, how I can test downloading firmware with EVK?

Can I think OpenSDA as bridge and UART1 is connected directly and use MCU Boot Utility?

Thanks.

ラベル(2)
1 解決策
1,181件の閲覧回数
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrew, 

You don't need an OpenSDA on your custom board. Will you want to debug the program in your custom board or just download the image? If you want to do both things, then you can use an external debugger, you just need to have either an SWD or JTAG interface in your custom board.

If you don't care about the debug part, then you need neither the OpenSDA nor an external debugger, you can download your application using the NXP-MCUBootUtility. This tool supports UART as well as USB to communicate with the RT, are you interested only in the UART interface? If you want to test the UART in the RT1020-EVK, the first thing is to consider is that you can only use the pins specified in Table 8-1 of the RM. 

pastedImage_1.png

As you can see in the schematic of the board, these two pins are accessible through the Arduino Interface in the J17. 

pastedImage_2.png

You will need a USB to serial converter so you can try the NXP-MCUBootUtility with the UART. 

Have a great day,

Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2 返答(返信)
1,178件の閲覧回数
emdev
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply.

Your explain is very detail and I can understand.

I have two more questions

1. Would you explain firmware download by using not UART but USB case?

2. If I have openSDA with custom board, I think openSDA's bootloader is not downloaded.

How I can bring up new custom board?

0 件の賞賛
1,182件の閲覧回数
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrew, 

You don't need an OpenSDA on your custom board. Will you want to debug the program in your custom board or just download the image? If you want to do both things, then you can use an external debugger, you just need to have either an SWD or JTAG interface in your custom board.

If you don't care about the debug part, then you need neither the OpenSDA nor an external debugger, you can download your application using the NXP-MCUBootUtility. This tool supports UART as well as USB to communicate with the RT, are you interested only in the UART interface? If you want to test the UART in the RT1020-EVK, the first thing is to consider is that you can only use the pins specified in Table 8-1 of the RM. 

pastedImage_1.png

As you can see in the schematic of the board, these two pins are accessible through the Arduino Interface in the J17. 

pastedImage_2.png

You will need a USB to serial converter so you can try the NXP-MCUBootUtility with the UART. 

Have a great day,

Victor

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.