cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating System Idle mode in SLN-LOCAL2-IOT

dashdwan
Contributor III

Hi,

I was validating the low power modes in SLN-LOCAL2-IOT using the evkmimxrt1060_power_mode_switch_bm  project for iMXRT1060 EVK. I just validated the System Idle mode and I need to integrate this mode to the sln_local2_iot_local_voice project. 

When I compared both the directories I find really confused regarding what all changes to be made.

Could anyone help me understand the required changes that should be made in order to perform this task?

If possible, a reference code for this could be more helpful!

Thanks in advance!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
36 Replies

dashdwan
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou 

Thankyou so much for spending your time for this.  However, this same code did not work for me. I tried modifying it by stacking the entire low power mode code into a lowPowerTask function and calling that function in the appTask thread. This is restarting the device everytime (as per my external observation). Is there any idea why this is happening?

I'm attaching the project file below.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @dashdwan ,

Before you test the sln-local2-iot-demo code, do you also download the bootstrap and bootloader?

kerryzhou_0-1637135093786.png

As the local_demo need to use the bootstrap and bootloader, but you have download the directly low power code in the prevous time, so your related boot code should be erased, you need to download it again, then download the modified local_demo app.

Please try it again.

If you still have issues, I will find time to help you to test it.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos

dashdwan
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou 

I downloaded bootstrap and bootloader initially, and then downloaded the low-power code to it. But it doesn't seem working. I think the device itself is not getting booted now. Could you please check this?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @dashdwan 

Thanks for your information.

Do you debug it, whether it calls the low power code or not after you enter the app project?

If you still have issues, please give me more time, I will find time to help you to test it.

BTW, why you need to use the low power mode in the LOCAL2 board? Which detail situation you want to use the low power during the voice control?

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

dashdwan
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou 

Actually I want to integrate this low power mode with the local-voice task and other applications. 

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @dashdwan ,

Thanks a lot for your patient!

Today, I talk your issues with our SLN-LOCAL2-IOT expert, I get the following information:

Local2 SDK performs the AFE+ASR. The CPU overload is very high, so in system idle mode, the WakeWord would not be dectected.

So, in the low power mode, WakeWord can't work, the expert also need you provide:

Your product information and the detailed requirements.

Then we can do more checking about it.

From this situation, after enter the low power mode, then it needs to use the wakeup pin to wake up, then the voice can detect the WakeWord again.

Please give me your product information and detail product requirements ASAP, I will talk back to our expert, thanks. 

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

dashdwan
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou ,

Thanks for your response.

As you mentioned, i don't need the ASR+AFE while low power mode. My requirement is like this:

• Device should carry out the ASR tasks when in Run mode (Normal mode).
  • After that it switches to low power mode (ASR tasks need not be running).
  • On an interrupt at the WAKEUP pin, it should switch back to normal mode (resume from the same point where it entered to sleep mode).
  • Then it should carry out the ASR tasks again as it is the Normal mode.

If you need further information, please let me know.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @dashdwan 

Do you mind sharing more detailed information about your product information?

Which detailed product do you want to design? Our expert needs it, with product information, it will be more convincing to let our expert enroll in this issues.

After give me the product information, I will talk to our expert again, let they also help to check more deep side into this local_demo with low power mode.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

dashdwan
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou 

I'm sorry, but I cannot share more details regarding the product in a public forum since the product details are supposed to be confidential. However, if you can provide me your mail id, i could give you some more information regarding the product over the mail.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @dashdwan 

I totally can understand you, normally, if you want to get the private service, you also can create the case, the case create step is as follows:

1. Open below SUPPORT site, click blue "Go to Tickets" in the middle.
http://www.nxp.com/support/support:SUPPORTHOME

2.Then you will be requested to Login, if you have no an account, please first Register with your business email.

3.After login, please "Create New Cases" button in the middle, then you can submit your question.

I will help you to create a private case, and contact with you through email directly instead of the public community.

You will receive the email, and then send me your detail project information through the email later.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

dashdwan
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou 

I tried debugging, after calling the low power function, it seems like the device restarts while executing this function.

Screenshot from 2021-11-18 14-26-48.png

The issue is not yet fixed. I can wait for your inputs. Thanks!!

Well, regarding the detailed use case,

I want the device to be in run mode only when certain interrupt occurs, otherwise the device should be in sleep mode. This would also reduce the power consumption, right? So in reference to these two requirements, i decided to switch the device to system idle mode and then provide the interrupt to wakeup pin which would wake the device.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for your patient!

Today, I test the low power in sln_local2_iot_local_demo, when entering the system idle mode, really like what you have said, I also meet the restart issues.

Still need to check more details.

If your site has any progress, please also let me know.

BTW, do you want to create your own project powered by the battery?

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please keep patient, I will help you to test it on my side, but I need more time, due to so many cases in the testing queue, thanks a lot for your understanding.

best regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

dashdwan
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou 

Did you get any chance to check the issue?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @dashdwan 

Sorry for the reply delay, really so many cases recently, a little overflow!

Tomorrow, I will check the SLN-LOCAL2-IOT related issues, will help you test it together.

Keep patient, thanks,

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

dashdwan
Contributor III

Could you please look into this @kerryzhou 

0 Kudos