In the RT 1064 Bootloader API, what are the addresses of the selectable images?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the RT 1064 Bootloader API, what are the addresses of the selectable images?

Jump to solution
mthimsen
Contributor II

Hello,

In the RT 1064 Reference Manual it is shown that the ROM API can be used to boot to selectable images which are programmed via in-application-programming. 

2.PNG1.PNG

What are the addresses of these image locations in internal flash memory? I can't seem to find any info on this and I need to know in order to do any kind of in application flash programming. 

I need this for a bootloader. This application jump could be done in other ways but this seems like the most convenient one, am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please refer to the information as the below:

For FLEXSPI NOR, the first image address is always fixed, the 2nd image address is specified by the customer in EFUSE, only two images are supported on this device.
For NAND devices, the image 1, 2, 3 addresses are specified in the FCB.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please refer to the information as the below:

For FLEXSPI NOR, the first image address is always fixed, the 2nd image address is specified by the customer in EFUSE, only two images are supported on this device.
For NAND devices, the image 1, 2, 3 addresses are specified in the FCB.

mthimsen
Contributor II

Hi fangfang,

Thank you for your answer, would you happen to know which fuses specify this second address? I looked over the fusemap chapter of the 1064 RM but couldn't find any info on it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
mthimsen
Contributor II

Nevermind I figured it out. Page 211 of the reference manual shows fuses for a secondary image size and offset.Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
markomarusic25
Contributor II

Hi, I have the same questions and this post is very helpfull. Can you tell me did you manage to make this work? To call ROM from one application and tell it to boot from another? 

0 Kudos
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

What are the addresses of these image locations in internal flash memory?

#:Depends on the upper table .uint32_t arg = 0xeb000001; It means the assignment for ARG. And select Image1 as the boot image after reliable update in user application. So assignment  [3:0] to related value depend on the selected Image. and not jump to the addresses.

Hope it help you.

Best regards

TIC

0 Kudos
mthimsen
Contributor II

It's also possible that I'm misunderstanding what a selectable boot image is. If that is the case just let me know

0 Kudos
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Depends on the ARG [3:0] after reliable update in user application. And ROM CODE will boot from the selectable image.

Best regards

0 Kudos
mthimsen
Contributor II

I understand that each image will have a different address, and that will depend on the value of ARG. What I am asking is where are the addresses of Image 0, Image 1, Image 2, and Image 3. People will need to know them in order to do any kind of in-application-programming in order to use this mechanic. There is no sense in booting to "Image 2" if you don't know how to put it there in the first place.

Thanks.