cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imxrt1064 slow performance with Emwin

anujtanksali
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using iMXRT1064 controller with Emwin graphical library. I gave used RGB interface for the 7" LCD 800x480 resolution with RGB565 mode and multibuffering for LCD frame buffer (used SDRAM for buffer)

I have created the windows using Emwin dialogs and am navigating between the dialogs.

What is observed the performance is slow when navigating from one dialog to another. it takes more  than a second to load another dialog. I am calling the emwin function GUI_exec() in my super loop while(1) to update the windows.

Will DMA for LCD buffer help in such as situation?  

if yes then can you point out to any example which uses the DMA for LCD with iMXRT1064

I have attached the LCD driver for your reference.

Thanks

Regards,

Anuj

0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Regarding to your question, I think you can increase the pixel clock to improve the refresh rate and you can learn how to do it by referring to the 4.2 Improve eLCDIF performance in the application note.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

anujtanksali
Contributor II

Hello @jeremyzhou ,

I tried out your suggestion but did not observe any difference. I don't think increasing clock will make any difference as I observed if I use single buffer instead of 2 buffers then the dialog windows load faster.

I think using DMA for LCD buffer should improve the performance but have to try this.

Do you have any DMA example for copying the LCD buffer. If so please share it.

Thanks

Regards,

Anuj

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
1) Do you have any DMA example for copying the LCD buffer. If so please share it.
-- No, the SDK library doesn't have a similar kind of demo, it needs the developer to port the DMA driver by himself.
Whether you tried to run evkmimxrt1064_emwin_gui_demo on your board and did it have the slow loading problem?

TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

anujtanksali
Contributor II

Hi @jeremyzhou ,

Thank you for the reply,

I think the example will work fine as basic emwin widgets with default behavior are used. In my dialog window I have a lot of images, around 8-10 images on one dialog window and similar images on other dialog windows.

I wanted to transfer from memory to memory by using DMA. In this case I will be transferring lot of data as I have 2 LCD buffers front and back and wanted to transfer between them using DMA.

Can you please point out any example or code snippet if you have which achieves similar functionality.

Thanks

Regards,

Anuj

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.
1) Can you please point out any example or code snippet if you have which achieves similar functionality.
-- Unfortunately, I don't this similar demo code, however, I was wondering if you can upload your sample code, then I can replicate the phenomenon and will try to work it out.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos