IMXRT1070 EVK MIPI LCD question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1070 EVK MIPI LCD question

nxp16
Contributor III

We recently got the IMXRT1070 evk with a MIPI display.  Is there any way to change the resolution of this display?  We're trying to judge performance of the 1176's PXP at a lower resolution, 640x480, but I can't find any documentation on how to change this particular LCD from its default of 1280x720.  I'm using the pxp_blend_cm7 example.

Thanks,

-m

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

crist_xu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I think that maybe you can crop a image to 640X480, then paste the image to a  LCD buffer with 1280*720 resolutions, and at last, flush and and align it to center with PXP. 

Regards,

Crist

0 Kudos

nxp16
Contributor III

That is completely not a good solution.

0 Kudos

nxp16
Contributor III

Hi,

I actually have the datasheet.  There's a specific pair of registers for the resolution and they seem to give me sort of results; the size looks right, but I only see garbage.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to set up the rest of the LCDIF, MIPI settings, etc to get it to work properly.  It was easy to do this on the 1064 with a 640x480 16-bit lcd, I just had to modify the pixel clock and porch, etc settings and it just worked.  Doing the same for the 1170 evk doesn't seem to work.  The registers make the display size smaller, but only garbage comes out.  We are planning to use a 640x480 display with the 1170 on a custom board, so if I can't get this working, it will not be good.

-m

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello M,

The display used on the LCD for the i.MXRT1170 is the RK055AHD091-CTG. The datasheet for this LCD is not publicly available but you would need to review the available resolutions for the LCD. In this case it’s a 720P and I’m not aware of it supporting other resolutions as the problem would be the LCD being able to receive different resolutions.

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos