Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1062 uSDHC WP Pin assignment

Jump to solution
amitmehta
Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I was going through IMXRT1062 reference manual for eMMC interface using Ultra Secured Digital Host Controller (uSDHC).

So for external pins, they have mentioned that 

WP Card write-protect detect If not used(for the embedded memory), tie low to indicate it's not write-protected.

But when I was going through iMXRT1060-evk Rev A2 development board the same pin was not used and while running SDK_2.6.1_EVK-MIMXRT1060 example code usb_device_msc_sdcard . the value of WPSL bit of PRES_STATE register was 1. which as per reference manual is 

WPSL: This bit reflects the inverted value of the WP pin of the card socket.

So my question here is if no pin is assigned to WP how the value WPSL bit is 1.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Amit Mehta,

You are right.

If you don't use it, in your code, you also can don't write the related pin code.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Amit Mehta,

I already help you check it with our hardware engineer.

If you want to use the SDHC hardware module, and will check the according pin function, you need to follow the reference manual, if you don't use the WP pin, but you will check the WPSL bit in the code, please assign one pin and connect to low, in the code configure the related pin as the USDHC_WP function.

But if you don't check that pin in the code, you totally don't need to use the WP pin, it is determined by your software code.

About your question WPSL bit is 1 when you didn't connect it, I don't think that is stable enough, and the bit status is not guaranteed if you didn't connect the external pin to ground.

In conclusion, if you want to use the WPSL pin in the code, please follow the RT1060 reference manual suggestions, tie the not used WP pin to ground.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it,  please kindly let me know.

Wish it helps you!
Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

amitmehta
Contributor III

Hi kerryzhou

Thanks for your reply.

if I am understanding correctly if do not wish to use WP pin so for that I did not need to initialize the same pin in my code. SDK uSDHC will work without same.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Amit Mehta,

You are right.

If you don't use it, in your code, you also can don't write the related pin code.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

amitmehta
Contributor III

Hi kerryzhou

Thank You for your help

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome!

If you still have questions about this topic, please let me know.

If your question is solved, please help me to mark the correct answer, just to close this case, thank you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos