Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1062 CANFD not working with CANFD-USB

Jump to solution
jim_verheijde
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to get CANFD on the IMXRT1062 to work with the CANFD-USB converter. However, this does not seem to work correctly. On my PC I get TX form errors as you can see below:

jim_verheijde_0-1606479224745.png

I am using the default settings from the following example project in the SDK:

SDK_2.8.6_EVK-MIMXRT1060\boards\evkmimxrt1060\driver_examples\canfd\interrupt_transfer

This uses a 20MHz CAN clock with an arbitration rate of 1Mbps and datarate of 2Mbps. I also made sure to select these speeds for the CANFD-USB converter.

This is the CANFD-USB converter I'm using:

https://www.ixxat.com/products/products-industrial/can-interfaces/usb-can-interfaces/usb-to-can-fd?o...

Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jim_verheijde
Contributor II

It turns out I was using the wrong pins, after configuring the output pins of the CAN3 controller everything worked fine!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jim_verheijde
Contributor II

It turns out I was using the wrong pins, after configuring the output pins of the CAN3 controller everything worked fine!

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello jim_verheijde,

I’m not familiar with this CANFD-USB. Hopefully someone in the communities may provide their experience with it.

Have you tested this example using another board? (To rule out any other issue)

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos
jim_verheijde
Contributor II

Hi Gustavo,

Yes I tried with two different imxrt1062 devkits and also two CANFD-USB converters (from the original post). So it is not a hardware defect.

0 Kudos