cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1050 EVKB I/O Interfaces

notused
Contributor II

The RT1050 spec states 

"Each i.MX RT1050 processor enables the following interfaces to external devices (some of them are muxed and not available simultaneously)

This is stated above the section of the LCD, Audio, 2D graphic engine, Camera sensors, Connectivity (MMC,SDIO,USB, Ethernet and GPIO) Is there any information enabling which function casued the other one become disabled ? What  I need is being able to use USB, UART, SPI and I2C at the same time as using the LCD, but this is not clear in the spec if that is workable  A table that shows which functions overlap would be helpful.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi customer,

I also agree with Jack's recommendation, you can refer to the config Tool pin window, that is really more clear.

Then you can associated with the reference manual Table 4-1. Muxing Options.

If you still have the detail question, just let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

notused
Contributor II

Did use the ConfigTools in MCUEXpresso, It says opening configuration, then downloading processors, but wWhen  it completes downloads (ti seems to exit abruptly) the configuration all information is still blank and says "no configuration". (Windows 10 <MCUXpresso 10.3.0) and no MCU selected. 

UPDATED: Issue was this: Unable to create new configuration for processor  , took me hours, if not a day, to figure it out and seems this is definitely an issue of the MCUXpresso Tool. Can access the pin matrix now in the Pin , Config tool and in and MCUXpresso, which is a great help to make a calculated decision if the processor will fit the bill functionality wise. Order for the EVAL board is now on the way :-)

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for your updated information.

If you have any question after get the EVAL board, just create the question post, and let us know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jackking
Senior Contributor I

I would recommend looking at the Pin Config tool, it gives you a good view of what peripherals occupy which pins and which ones conflict...

workspace_-_evkbimxrt1050_led_blinky_mcuboot_source_led_blinky_c_-_MCUXpresso_IDE.png