Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1050-EVKB Google IoT ETH Example Build Errors

Jump to solution
tinraic_pionierkraft
Contributor I

Hello everybody,

I am currently using IMXRT1050-EVKB eval board with IMXRT1052DVL6B microcontroller with MCUXpresso IDE.

I use it for telemetry sending to Google IoT Core backend.

For getting-to-know with the IDE, the board and the SW, I used the SDK builder and built the SDK with components appropriate for my purposes (version 2.8.6).

When I import the Google IoT Core ETH example (google_iot_hello_enet), it builds normally.

However, when I add SNVS_HP driver (SDK Management -> Manage SDK components) for RTC usage and just try to build the project without adding any additional code, I encounter multiple errors, all in the iotc_bsp_io_net_freertos.h file.

Errors and warnings (simplified and shortened printout):

'AF_INET' undeclared (first use in this function)	
'EAGAIN' undeclared (first use in this function)	
'EAGAIN' undeclared (first use in this function)	
'ECONNRESET' undeclared (first use in this function)	
'ECONNRESET' undeclared (first use in this function)	
'EINPROGRESS' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'ERR_INPROGRESS'?	
'EPIPE' undeclared (first use in this function)	
'EPIPE' undeclared (first use in this function)	
'errno' undeclared (first use in this function)	

implicit declaration of function 'close'; did you mean 'pclose'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]	
implicit declaration of function 'connect' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]	
implicit declaration of function 'freeaddrinfo' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]	
implicit declaration of function 'getaddrinfo' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]	
implicit declaration of function 'getsockopt'; did you mean 'getsubopt'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]	
implicit declaration of function 'read'; did you mean 'fread'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

All the errors and warnings seem to be caused as if the lwip/netdb.h and lwip/sockets.h headers are either missing or these includes are not resolved, but the files are not missing, they are included in the mentioned file and they are accessible from the mentioned file.

I tried:

• Removing the SNVS_HP driver support, refreshing SDK components and cleaning the project
  • Index -> Rebuild and Index -> Freshen All Files
  • Tools -> Fixup parsers
  • Enable indexer in preferences is checked, Use active build configuration is selected
  • Restarting IDE
  • Deleting the project and re-doing the whole process

None of it has solved the problem.

What could be the possible cause of this problem and how to fix it?

Thank you for any kind of help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tinraic_pionierkraft 

Sorry I made a mistake , google IoT demos work with FreeRTOS.  Release SDK_2.8.6 was tagged with REL_2.8.6_AZURERTOS.  a little confusing.

Google IoT demos will not be included in future releases.  Ver 2.8.6 is the last release that includes google IoT.

If you need SNVS_HP driver, I would suggest  you add the driver manually. fsl_snvs_hp.c and fsl_snvs_hp.h into drivers/

danielchen_0-1611065573843.png

BTW: looking on Google IoT changes. The latest SDK integrated 1.0.1 version.  The latest from google is 1.0.2 from Feb 2020.  it should be possible for you to bring those changes to your project easily.

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tinraic_pionierkraft 

SDK2.9 and MCUXpresso IDE 11.3.0 are released. I would suggest you try the new version.

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/mcuxpresso-i...

Regards

Daniel

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
tinraic_pionierkraft
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

I updated the SDK and MCUXpresso IDE to the new versions as suggested.

However, SDK2.9 builder has no Google IoT component anymore.

I tried using SDK2.8.6 Google IoT ETH example with the new MCUXpresso 11.3.0, but the described problems still remain.

Since the usage of the Google IoT is required for us, could you tell me whether the Google IoT component will be re-included in the later SDK versions or is it permanently removed?

If yes, when approximately?

Regards,

Tin

0 Kudos
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I will verify this issue with software team.

As far as I know, if you need to run Google-iot demo, you need to select AzureRTOS instead of FreeRTOS.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
tinraic_pionierkraft
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

Thanks, I would appreciate it if you checked it.

I'm using the SDK builder and I can't find Google IoT Middleware in the AzureRTOS. It's only available with FreeRTOS, but when you select Google IoT under FreeRTOS, the SDK version falls back to 2.8.6 (take a look at the picture).

Also, it seems like the AzureRTOS is not supported in SDK version 2.9, because when I select it, the SDK version falls back to 2.8.6 and I can't select 2.9.

Nevertheless, that sounds weird to me, AzureRTOS is Microsoft's product, how would that RTOS support Google's SW instead of FreeRTOS?

Regards,

Tin

0 Kudos
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tinraic_pionierkraft 

Sorry I made a mistake , google IoT demos work with FreeRTOS.  Release SDK_2.8.6 was tagged with REL_2.8.6_AZURERTOS.  a little confusing.

Google IoT demos will not be included in future releases.  Ver 2.8.6 is the last release that includes google IoT.

If you need SNVS_HP driver, I would suggest  you add the driver manually. fsl_snvs_hp.c and fsl_snvs_hp.h into drivers/

danielchen_0-1611065573843.png

BTW: looking on Google IoT changes. The latest SDK integrated 1.0.1 version.  The latest from google is 1.0.2 from Feb 2020.  it should be possible for you to bring those changes to your project easily.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
tinraic_pionierkraft
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

Thank you.

Adding the SNVS_HP driver files manually doesn't cause the problems described in the first post.

Also, manually updating Google IoT works as suggested.

Regards,

Tin

0 Kudos