Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1024 LPUART eDMA is Not Work in From Scratch Project

Jump to solution
Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear Authorized,

I created a project without SDK example. I just want to use LPUART, eDMA, GPT, SPI together. In default SDK example eDMA is working fine. But it is not working in my own project created from scratch. I add to configuration for eDMA from SDK Management panel. What can be the reason for "not working" ? Here are the differences between My Project and SDK Example(lpuart_edma_rb_transfer)

AvailabilityMy ProjectSDK Example
GPTAvailableN/A
assertAvailableN/A
assert liteN/A Available
debug consoleAvailableN/A
debug console liteN/AAvailable
misc utilitiesN/AAvailable
serial managerAvailableN/A
serial manager uartAvailableN/A

I thought it can be related with the SDK Management contents. But it seems like not.

What can be the root reason for this issue? I am not able to use eDMA with the project from scratch but able to use in default SDK example.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lukas,

I recommend you to compare register configuration in both projects, there should not be any issue with DMA when using LPUART, GPT and SPI in the same project so I assume there is an issue with implementation. Please check also pins and clocks are configured correctly.

An easy way will be to use SDK example as base and then add peripherals one by one making sure everything works before including the next one.

Have a great day,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lukas,

I recommend you to compare register configuration in both projects, there should not be any issue with DMA when using LPUART, GPT and SPI in the same project so I assume there is an issue with implementation. Please check also pins and clocks are configured correctly.

An easy way will be to use SDK example as base and then add peripherals one by one making sure everything works before including the next one.

Have a great day,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------