Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1024 CCM Clock Observability Output

Jump to solution
Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi all,

I am on my project to do configurations of clock connections. I did not fully understand function of CCM_CLKO1 and CCM_CLKO2 signals. 

Reference Manual says :

14.2.1 Features

Selects clock signals to output on CCM_CLKO onto the pads for observability.

What observability means us here? For example I have two active clock that I used in my system (i.e. GPT and QTMR) at the same time. What kind of things will I observe from these CCM signals (CCM_CLKO1 and CCM_CLKO2)

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Q1: What if there is not a Clock Observability Output? So, what is the advantages of it? What kind of parameters is exist that we can observe from an oscilloscope?
-- After mentioned above, we can select some clock sources to output via the CCM_CLKO1 and CCM_CLKO2 pins, then use the oscilloscope to observe them check their frequency is the expected value.
Q2: Which document and program did you use to see that figure?
Hope it helps.
-- The above figure is the screenshot of the MCUXpresso Config Tools which provides a graphical representation of the MCU clock tree system and interactive user controls as well as assistance with system fine-tuning.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1)What observability means us here? For example I have two active clock that I used in my system (i.e. GPT and QTMR) at the same time. What kind of things will I observe from these CCM signals (CCM_CLKO1 and CCM_CLKO2)
-- Just as the below figure shows, we can select some clock sources to output via the CCM_CLKO1 and CCM_CLKO2 pins, then use the oscilloscope to observe them.

jeremyzhou_0-1625110440384.png

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear @jeremyzhou ,

Q1: What if there is not a Clock Observability Output? So, what is the advantages of it? What kind of parameters are exist that we can observe from oscilloscope?

Q2: Which document and program did you use to see that figure?

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Q1: What if there is not a Clock Observability Output? So, what is the advantages of it? What kind of parameters is exist that we can observe from an oscilloscope?
-- After mentioned above, we can select some clock sources to output via the CCM_CLKO1 and CCM_CLKO2 pins, then use the oscilloscope to observe them check their frequency is the expected value.
Q2: Which document and program did you use to see that figure?
Hope it helps.
-- The above figure is the screenshot of the MCUXpresso Config Tools which provides a graphical representation of the MCU clock tree system and interactive user controls as well as assistance with system fine-tuning.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos